Chapter 2

BEEP! BEEP!

I groggily move up to turn off my alarm clock. God I am not a morning person. I glanced towards the time and it was 8:00 a.m. which was a lot earlier than I was used to.

Great, I had 4 hours to prepare myself for hopefully a very life changing meeting.

I take whatever little energy I have to push myself up and get ready for the day. I chose to wear one of my many simple outfits. I pick out a red sweater that is a little worn but it will do and jeans that cinch around my waist but get looser as they go down. I proceed to put on my only piece of armour I own which are iron boots. This was one of my go to outfits because unlike Niki who had a collection of dresses. I wasn't as fortunate to have been so close to Wilbur.

Wilbur and Niki are super close. She owns a small bakery and is one of the kindest girls I have ever met. You can really tell how much Wilbur cares for her. It is almost like he is a completely different person with her. So when you are this close to the rebellion leader you are guaranteed enough security to know you can wear dresses. Niki can go to sleep at night knowing Wilbur would never throw her into some battle.

Deep in thought of what this meeting could possibly mean for me, I hear a knock at the door. Four to be exact.

That was the same knock Tommy does every time. He said it was because I shouldn't open my door to just anyone. I, however, think that was a silly idea because anyone could randomly knock 4 times not knowing it was our secret knock. Then I would be in a false sense of security, open the door, and die. Despite my reasoning he thinks I am just overthinking it.

I go towards my dark oak door and open it enough for just my head to peek out.

"Greetings my lady", Tommy says with extreme sarcasm.

I roll my eyes at his false formality.

"What is up, loser," I joke back at him. Opening the door, I walk outside to join him. Even though the proper thing would be to invite him in, I was frankly embarrassed with my housing situation. Tommy was never one to judge due to the fact that his house was even smaller than mine, but I couldn't help but imagine him looking at my house and seeing me differently.

"I heard from the big man that you were just summoned"

I look up at him, "You know about that? Did he say why?," I questioned.

"Sorry to disappoint (y/n) but he wouldn't tell me a thing. I think it must be really important. Oh, (n/n) what if you are going to become a spy," he exclaimed excitedly.

Tommy always had the biggest imagination.

"Tommy as wonderful as that sounds. I doubt it will be that." I said trying to not sound disappointed that he didn't know about the purpose of my summoning.

I knew that Wilbur wouldn't have given me a job that just anyone could do or else he would have sent the request to Eret or Tubbo.

"Well don't worry about it too much, I am sure whatever Wilbur has planned will be perfect for you," he encouraged, "but you still have 3 hours till, do you want to go to the flower field for a bit?"

I simply nodded and he took my hand leading us to the similar spot we always hung out. It was beautiful here. Untouched by all the fighting that has tainted the nature around our country. Sadly L'Manburg is covered by a big wall with very few plants. But here, in this field, it is beyond the border and it is filled with so many flowers I couldn't count.

Tommy and I would go here when we need to clear our heads. Sometimes it was here I wondered what life would be like without so much conflict. I hoped for a job in the government and dreamed of residing in a house triple the size of my current one. Oh, and a wardrobe filled with luxurious dresses not that I would even wear them but because I just wanted the option. And Tommy. I would hope that he would settle for a girl like me. He always seemed to be too distracted to ever think about girls but maybe after all of this he will.

"(Y/n)", Tommy says, shaking me a little.

I sigh knowing that time is up. I just hoped for a little more time to think. We get up and head to our meeting area.

As we approach our destination, he stops.

"This is as far as I'm going, I don't want to seem intrusive, but good luck, you got it (n/n)."

He turns around heading to God knows where. I continue on the path and just like that I am at the footsteps of the building. I take a deep breath.

"Well here goes nothing" I whisper.