^yes..yes! yes, you idiot!^

home: edith whiskers

Ah, home, let me come home
home is wherever i'm with you
———

She had been in a self-induced coma for the past 3 weeks.

Hank said she would be alright but because of the amount of energy she had released, her coma was just her body's way of storing enough energy till it decided that she had enough to be able to walk around again. The stripe of white in her hair didn't go away, now a part of her. A reminder of that happened that night.

Maxine had to be helped by Scott or Hank while walking because of how weak she was at the moment. Her body was slow on retaining energy now because of the absence of the solar flares energy accelerating it.

So for now, she was helped by one of them, in case she fell on her own or something else happened. Maxine hated it. Feeling helpless after everything that happened but she knew they were only trying to help her so she didn't say anything.

She was still mourning the loss of her best friend, her sister. She rarely left the infirmary except to go outside for a walk with Scott or to get food. Maxine felt depressed and that only seemed to worsen when Charles decided to retire and moved to Paris, leaving Hank in charge of the school.

Maxine had her arms hooked with one of Scott's as they walked towards the front gate, a sign his other hand. It was one of the first times she had changed out of her hospital gown and into actual clothes. Just a oversized sweater that she had no doubt stolen from Scott and a grey plaid pair of pants. It wasn't much but it was something.

White lilies had been planet would the walls of the front gate

White lilies had been planet would the walls of the front gate. Jean's favorite flower. The two walked in silence as they came at a stop at the front of the gate at one side, where the old sign once was. Scott turned to her and held up the sign to her, silently asking her if she wanted to hang it up. Maxine looked at him for a second before gently taking the sign from him and walking closer over to the wall.

She hung it up, carefully, before taking a step back and reading it.

Jean Grey School
for gifted youngsters

Maxine lifted her fingers to her lips, placing a kiss to them before pressing them against her sisters name. She walked back over to Scott, who was looking at her with a sad smile. The black haired woman held out a hand to him with a small smile and said, "Shall we?"

He let out a small chuckle at her dramatic words in such a solemn situation but Scott still took her hand into his and pulled her close before leading her away.

"We shall."

***

"Where on Earth have you lead me, Scott Summers. Don't make me start calling you 'Scoot' again." Maxine threatened playfully. Scott had lead them towards the large willow in the back.

The same one he had 'officially' met Maxine and Jean under all those years ago.

The same one where Maxine had cackled about how he destroyed the Professors favorite tree.

The same one where he fell in love with her just by hearing her laughter.

"Please, god no. Not again." He said dramatically this time as he chuckled at himself at her ridiculous threat. She could practically feel the nerves radiating off him but she didn't know why they were there.

Her black brows furrowed as she asked him, "Is something wrong, Scott?"

He was quick to pull her in front of him and held her hands between them, saying, "No, everything fine. I just..."

He got on one knee and smiled at her nervously, watching as he covered her mouth with both her hands.

"Maxine, I knew the minute to actually laid eyes on you, I was done for. I was head over heels for you and I didn't even know your name yet. You helped me adjust to a new school, you helped me while I was mourning for my brother and you loved me, for some reason, through all that. When you exploded with energy in that power planet, I thought I lost you. And that was more terrifying and unbearable then everything that had happened before that. I meant to do this awhile ago, before everything got to crazy, I even got Jean's and Jubilee's blessing before even thinking of doing this. I love you, Maxine Daeng and I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

Maxine was in tears now. She let out a sad chuckle as she said, "You couldn't have done this when I looked better?"

He chuckled with her. There were bags under her eyes, the red from the dark color was still there but you could barely see it if you weren't looking for it, her hair was pulled back into a messily done bun. But to Scott, she was perfect.

"You always look perfect to me, Maxine." He pulled out a small black box from his pocket and continued, "I have no idea about what's gonna happen next. Whether it be the world comes crashing down or we just go get some food, but I don't want to lose you ever. So, Maxine Daeng, will you marry me?"

He opened the little box in his hands and showed her the ring inside. A six sided smoky diamond sat in the middle of the gold ring with rectangular clear ones were on either side of it. It was perfect to her. So unusual that she loved it. He knew her so well.

Maxine started frantically nodding before saying, her voice going from low to louder as she spoke with excitement, "Yes

Maxine started frantically nodding before saying, her voice going from low to louder as she spoke with excitement, "Yes...yes! Yes, you idiot!"

Scott stood up with a wide smile and immediately pulled her into a tight hug, releasing a breath he didn't know he was holding. They pulled back for only a second for him to slip the ring onto her ring finger before pulling her into a deep kiss.

Maxine smiled into it as she pulled them at part against be rested her forehead against his, feeling his eyes on her even though she couldn't see them do to his visor.

"I'm gonna be a real handful, I gotta tell you." She said, breaking the happy silence between them.

Scott chuckled quietly before saying, "I realized that from the beginning"

Vote and comment!❣️