^please, jean..don't^

as the world caves in: matt maltese

and as the earth runs to the ground
oh girl it's you, that i lie with
———

Jeans orange eyes opened as Maxine turned to her side to look at her with a cunning smile. The chains holding her down broke into ash that floated in the air. Her body rose into the air as the Professor called her but it was no use. Their power was connected and nobody could stop them. The walls around them started to break apart like the apartment building had from Jeans power.

Maxine rose into the air of her own accord, her feet swirling with red energy. Charles and Scott rose up into the air as Max flicked her wrist and the roof came off. Red waves of energy travel underneath the train and made it rise from the ground, throwing the white haired 'mutant' off balance and out of the train completely.

 Red waves of energy travel underneath the train and made it rise from the ground, throwing the white haired 'mutant' off balance and out of the train completely

Red bubbles that Maxine had made protected every single one of the mutants that had helped them, keeping the flying debris of the train from harming them. Scott lifted his head up to see outside of the train and saw Jean and Maxine floating above the train as the train come off the rails completely and continued to spin and break apart.

Cars that were now unimportant were thrown aside and crash down to the ground in some kind of remote power plant. Max and Jean stood next to each other as they landed back down in the wreckage as flames around them sparked from the debris. Smoke flew into the air from the destruction as everyone landed on the ground safely. They were all looking at them.

Jeans cracked skin with power as her hair rose up behind her slightly and orange eyes. Maxine's large red horns and split tail, her eyes eyes the glowing with a slight orange tinge and her white hair that blew in the wind. Neither of them talked to each other but they knew that the other was more than to see them.

Maxine turned her head slightly to see other figures start to rise of the rubble. Two started to run at them. As one got closer to Jean, she put up both her hands and it's body started to crumble into ash. The other ran at Maxine, who wrapped it in energy and pulled him apart, leaving nothing behind.

Other ran at Jean from the side but when she turned her head from it and put open one of her hands, it crumbled into dust. The power that surged inside the both of them gave them the power to destroy everything in their path. Including their enemies. Two more came for Maxine once again, only to be reduced to atoms by her power.

While neither of them were paying attention, another came up from behind Jean and stabbed her through the chest. The red head gasped as her chest shined brightly from where she had been stabbed and held in the air by a stick. Max gritted her teeth and turned to the 'man' in question who hurt her sister.