^im here, bubs.^

my future: billie eilish

can't you hear me?
i'm not coming home
———
Nana pronounced: (Nah-Nah)

When Maxine got off the jet, she looked at the address for the school. It was the middle school she would have gone to if her parents hadn't kicked her out. She was wearing her black hair in a low ponytail, a baseball cap and sunglasses as she didn't want anyone to notice her.

***

In front of the red brick school were police, firemen and what she could only assume to be the students of the school. She easily moved through the crowd with one her hands in her bomber jacket pocket while the other hung at her side. Red energy swirled around her finger tips as she bent and arched them, manipulating everyone's minds she could easily get in the building, a trick she learned from the Professor.

 Red energy swirled around her finger tips as she bent and arched them, manipulating everyone's minds she could easily get in the building, a trick she learned from the Professor

Max walked pass a large bald man was arguing with one of the police officers. A teacher she assumed. "I swear it was not a power outage! It was a mutan-" She focused more energy towards him as she passed by them. His speech slurred as he said, "sssShort circuit! It was a short circuit!"

The black haired teen simply walked into the school and down the wide white walled hallway, lined with lockers. The ceiling had smoke floating around so Max made a large bubble around her as she walked.

Around the corner and down that corridor was a small janitors closet. Where the smoke was starting to air out of. Max opened the door and walked in. Small whimpers and sobs could be heard from the corner of the room. Huddled in the corner was Jubilation Lee, her head tucked into her knees and her arms wrapped around her as she cried. She reminded her of herself when she got her own mutation.

The electrical box was sparking out of control, which made sense to way the lights were out. Max quickly made her way over to the shaking girl, making her head pop up. Jubilee's thick black hair was pulled into to pigtails, her eyes red from crying and her cheeks wet from her tears.

"Nana?" She asked in a soft voice as Max kneeled down in front of her. Her reached for Jubilee's hands, making her flinch back and say, "N-no! I-I could hurt-" but despite the younger girls protests, Max reached for her hands again and just to make her feel better, she pulled off her own gloves and slipped them onto her.

"I'm here, bubs." She held her hands with one of hers while her other wiped the tears from her cheeks. Max gave her a small smile, one that Jubilee only saw, and said, "I'm here to take you home."

Jubilees eyes widened with fear and she quickly shook her head, "No no no, my parents-"

"No, bubs, my home. A home for people like us." Max cut her off with a small smile to reassure her that she was safe. Jubilee looked it her for a second before nodded frantically. The younger girl wrapped her arms and legs around Max and held on her like a koala.

The black haired teen stood up with Jubilee in her arms and lifted her unused arm, the other holding the girl. A red aura enclosed the wall in front of her and she pulled her closed fist back, yanking the wall from its foundation.

She walked out, holding Jubilee to her chest as she went around the back of the school so no one would see them.

'Time to go home..'

Vote and comment!❣️