^w-what have i done?^

runaway: aurora

and i was far running away
would I run off the world someday?
nobody knows
———

She discover her powers when she was 8 years old. Maxine was in third grade and she hated it. She grew up in San Francisco, California and went to a private school of snooty white rich kids. She had always been picked on and bullied by the same five girls but today was the worst.

Maxine's body was sat on the floor and pushed up against one of the walls of the bathroom, all five girls surrounded her as they teased her, called her names, and kicked at her. Her knees were pulled up to her chest, her hands pressed against her ears as she tried to drown out the sound of their voices.

All of a sudden, she screamed. A red dome of light exploded around her, sending the five girls back and their bodies hit the floor. She cried into her knees, her figure felt filled to the brim with energy yet she wanted to go to sleep. Wanting this to be over. Her small body shook with sobs as she didn't want look up. But she did.

Three of the girls were injured. The other two were killed having hit their heads too hard.

'W-what have I done?' She said in her own mind as more tears rolled down her flushed cheeks.

One of the girls, Melanie, woke and looked at her with wide scared eyes. She screamed and pointed at Maxine like she had seen a monster. Maxine stood up on shaky legs and looked in one of the mirrors, all of which were cracked and broken from the blast of energy.

She took in her appearance with her own wide eyes. Her hair was white with a stripe of black in her bangs but was slowly starting to fade back into her natural dark color. Her once dark eyes were red and two crimson horns broke through her hair and pointed up. She gasped at her appearance and turned back when she heard the girl screaming, "Monster! Freak! Get out!"

So she did what she could, she ran. She ran all the way home. Sadly her parents weren't accepting of this and kicked her out. Her mother yelled at her, telling her that she was a freak and didn't belong there. She even pulled out a gun on her own daughter but her father stopped her and kicked Maxine out.

She lived on the streets until she was 12. She stayed where she could, got scarps from the garage. Sometimes some of the nice waitresses would bring what food they can put to her in the alley before getting yelled at by their boss. Maxine did what she could to survive.

When she was 12, Charles Xavier found her. He invited her to live and learn at a School for Gifted Youngsters. Kids that are like her. When she got there, she didn't want anyone to get close to her so she pushed people away.

She made friends with Hank, letting him talk about his newest science discoveries, as she knew about some of things he was saying, and helped him figure out what her power was. Maxine had multiple abilities that all rooted from the same one. Ergokinesis, Psionic energy and a few others like it.

Her white hair, horns, and split tail, which she found later, were a side affect of her powers. The horns and tail, with the right training and patience, would only come out when she wanted. But because the intensity and radiation of her powers, her hair would turn white while using her powers. It wasn't something she could control.

When she was 15, Charles had asked her to go get a younger mutant that had just found their powers and needed help. Her first respond was no until she leaned who it was. Her name was Jubilation Lee. Jubilation Lee, or Jubilee as many called her, was about two or three years younger than her. She would bring Maxine soup and slices of lemon bread that she could find at home. They would talk and get to know one another.

So of course she yes.

Vote and comment!❣️