^yeah, someday^

i'm yours: alessia cara

and i made room for one
so baby i'm yours
———

The X-Men team walked off the jet, all they could hear were the cheers of adoring fans. Some with signs, others dressed up as them or at least with blue face paint. Max could have sworn she saw some little girls wearing headbands with horns attached to them.

The children chanted as Mystique waved to them. Max had her hand wrapped around Scott's, he hadn't let go since she got back. The couple were the lasts the get off, but the black haired woman had noticed that Jean had stopped walking. She squeezed Scott's hand twice, giving him a reassuring smile as she telepathically let him know that he could go ahead of them. He smiled and squeezed back before letting go of her hand and continued walking with the others.

Max walked up beside Jean and nudged her shoulder with her own. "Hey." The redhead turned her head to her and gave her a small smile. "You ok, honey?"

Jean gave her a small nod and said, "Yeah...I'm fine. Are you?"

"Yeah. Besides, we did good today." Max wrapped an arm around her friends shoulder and they leaned they heads against each other as they walked towards the others.

***

When they walked into the main quad area of the mansion, it was the same, the clapping and whistles from the student body welcoming them back. Hank and Raven were both normal looking once again as they smiled at the younger children.

Max heard the Professor chuckle under the cheering before he said, "That's enough, boys and girls. That's enough. The X-Men have today done an incredibly brave thing. They've once again proven to humanity exactly why they need us, people like yourselves. The president sends his regards, as well as his heartfelt gratitude. And, as for myself, I've never been prouder. Enjoy yourselves. You certainly deserve it. In fact, you all do. No more class for the rest of the day."

The kids cheered for this before the group started to disperse, some going to their rooms, some of them going to hang out outside, while others stayed to talk with the X-Men.

"Max, Jean." The Professor called over the two girls, "You two gave us quite a scare up there. How are you feeling?"

"I...don't feel any different. Kind of just full of energy but, Jean was closest to the solar flare." Max said, as they both looked at her. It was true, she didn't fell any different. She just had the urge to run around a bunch. Charles nodded to her both looking

"Actually, I...I feel fine." Jean stammered slightly with a small smile on her face.

"Hank?" Charles called.

"Yeah?"

"Would you take a look at Jean? Standard medical for anyone injured in the field. Thank you." Jean nodded to them before starting to walk towards the labs with Hank following behind her.

"Are you sure you're alright?" Charles asked Max, knowing how squeamish she got around any medical equipment so he decided she didn't need to be checked over.

"Yes, Charles. Thank you for worrying." She said with smile.

"It's my job to worry, darling." He said in reply, her smile infectious. Both they could say anything else, one of the little girls, around 6 or seven tugged on her pant leg. Every since she had become a superhero to the world and gone on mission, the students hadn't been as scared of her, especially the younger ones.