^don't want them thinking i've gone soft?^

wish you were sober: conan grey

knees weak, but you talk pretty proud, wow
ripped jeans and a cup you just downed
———
Next Day
Scott's PoV

"The lenses are made of some ruby quartz I had lying around. They should be able to refract your optic beams and keep them in their own vector fields. Try them on." Hank said as he handed me a pair of glasses with thick rims. I reached back and undid the bandages around my eyes. I kept my eyes shut as I put them on.

"Ok. Go ahead." I almost opened my eyes when Hank stopped me. "Wait, sorry, no." He grabbed my shoulders and turned me in a different direction. "Ok."

"Now?"

"Yeah, you're good." I hesitantly opened my eyes, my eyebrows un-scrunching as I let out a soft gasp. Sure everything was red but I could see again. "Whoa. I...I can see."

I heard Hank chuckle behind me as I said, "Thank you. Professor, thank you. You're a genius."

"No, I'm not a professor. I wish..." The last part he said under his breath but I was more focused on looking at the world around me. After being blind for the past 24 hours, I was very happy to be able to see again.

That's when I saw her.

She sat under a willow tree, her mouth parted in a wide smile as she laughed at something the girl next her said. Her hair was long and dark with bangs covering her forehead. Her skin was pale and her eyes dark. Everything had a red tint to it but she was really pretty.

"Who's that?" I asked, not taking my eyes off of the girl. Hank turned around and followed my eyes to the two girls. "I believe you two met. That's Maxine Daeng. You bumped into her friend when you arrived."

'That must have been her voice..' I thought to myself as I said, "Wait, that's her?"

"Yeah."

'Wow..'

———
Third PoV

As some kids walked by and stared at her like an animal in the zoo. Max grew red horns and a spilt tail, smirking proudly as she watched them look at her in fear before running off. She run the tip of her tongue over her now sharp teeth, a habit she developed over the years.

"You know if you keep doing that, they will never stop being scared of you, right?" Jean said as the black haired girls horns and tail shrunk back into her body.

Max only smirked and said, "If they going to see me as scary and a monster, why try and be anything else," She watched the almost saddened look on her friends face and continued with a smile, "Besides don't want them thinking I've gone soft, now do we." Jean only chuckled and shook her head with a small smile when someone interrupted them.

"Hey."

They both looked up to see the guy from before, Scott, but now he was wearing glasses with red lenses and his brother wasn't leading him anymore.

"You can see." Jean said simply as she finished putting her book away back in her shoulder bag. Scott chuckled softly while Max kept her resting bitch face.