Chapter 28 - Hello

"Ijekiel!" Athanasia called as Ijekiel is about to fall on the ground but Lucas was fast enough to catch him with his magic. Athanasia rushed onto Ijekiel to check his pulse, deeply worried that the silver-head might have been affected by the punishment.

"Is the old man's soul gone for good?" Lucas asked, walking towards them as he took his coat off to drape it over Athanasia's back, he also made a small incantation to heal some of her wounds. Her parents might kill him if they saw her looking like that.

Athanasia nodded with a sigh of relief after saying thanks to the older. She suddenly feels light after the healing spell that Lucas gave her. She wiped some of the tears that's starting to fall from her eyes. Now there will be no loops anymore. She can now live and see the future with her family.

Lucas noticed her look and smiled, patting her head. "Now we can have our future together..." He muttered.

Athanasia flinched, her face immediately became beet red, she immediately shook off his hand from her head and stuttered, "Y-You should heal Ijekiel first! Nicholas forced his soul into his body and used mana when he don't even have mana in him, it must have been hard."

"Easier said than done," Lucas complained, hissing seeing Ijekiel covered in bruises from the attacks that they gave him plus the overwhelming mana that's still in him. "This should take a while..."

"I thought that you are the best magician?" Athanasia said, taking it as a chance to tease the older, which was a success.

Lucas glared at Athanasia then back to Ijekiel. "You want this guy to be healed in a second? Then sure, but don't be complaining about the side-effects after this."

"... What-?"

"I'll make sure to make you regret what you said."

-

After healing Ijekiel, the two decided to sit down on the ground, tired as they waited for the side-effect that Lucas mentioned. They both sighed simultaneously.

"So? What do you want to do next?" Lucas asked, breaking the comfortable silence. He gave the younger a glance, tilting his head in wonder.

"Hm... I..." Athanasia shrugged, looking down on her feet. "I want to give up on my mana. I want to turn back time again where everyone forgets about the schemes that Nicholas did. And since Nicholas is now gone, he can't go back to that world that I'm gonna make. I feel bad for him and his family but I don't have the power to turn everything back to what it was."

Lucas smiled, nodding. "If that's what you think is right then I will support you."

"I hope so..." Athanasia smiled back. She took a deep breath, walking backward to give her some space to create a spell. "Here goes nothing..."

She snapped her fingers, a wide magic circle expanded from the ground glowing in blue and green. A familiar ticking sound echoed in her ears as she began to use the spell.

This will be the last.

She turned to Lucas who is standing beside Ijekiel who is still unconscious and floating. She smiled again.

"Find me."

tick. tock

tick. tock