Chapter 18 - Just Another Day In Obelia

"You've been hanging out with that magician. It's bothering me..." Claude suddenly muttered, his eyes never leaving the papers in his hands.

Athanasia looked up from her worksheets and blinked innocently. Though her red cheeks failed her. "W-What do you mean, dad?" She asked the first question that came up from her mind. It was pretty dumb of her.

Her father glanced at her then back to the papers. "You can't use that innocent act on me, young lady. I am your father."

"Tch..." Athanasia pouted, looking away. She let out a sigh, pushing her bangs up then back down on her forehead. "We're just friends. And besides, it's more fun to have someone to accompany me when there's no class or Ijekiel's busy."

"I think a friend is not the right word for that. I could tell by the redness of your cheeks," Claude retorted, finally putting his papers down then facing his surprised daughter. Honestly, who does his daughter think he is? He's the emperor, a weak lie like that won't work on him.

Athanasia rolled her eyes as she slowly hid her cheeks with her worksheets. "Hmph... Are you gonna rid of him as you did to my other crushes?"

Claude looked away. He promised Diana to not fall for that pouting trap that his daughter is showing to him now, he has to be strong!

"He's annoying..." He muttered, not completely answering Athanasia's question. Though the letter gets it.

"Well, I agree..." Athanasia muttered, nodding. "Though he is the sweetest."

It took everything Claude had to not break his pen. The way Athanasia said it is making him want to really get rid of him. Just what did that warlock do to his daughter to make her act like that?! She was never like that with her past crushes!

"A-Are you okay, dad?" Athanasia weakly asked, feeling the dark aura in the room. She was sure that he's pissed at what she told him. It just suddenly slipped out from her mouth!

Why is her dad asking her about Lucas anyway?! She just wanted a day with her dad and without that annoying crush of hers!

"If he really is... the... the sweetest..." Claude cringed at the last word but he held his composure up. "Then I'd like to have a small chat with him someday."

Athanasia gulped, a small chat with her father is not good and with Lucas for Obelia's sake! She already know that small chat will become a disaster. She can clearly imagine it.

But seeing the mood from her father, she knew that there's no way that she could persuade him. Lucas had to handle him himself. She can't save him. All she could do is pray, though prayers might not be enough.

Claude was about to add something but Diana came in the room with tea. "Would you two want some tea?"

"Mom!" Athanasia called with relief, standing up from her seat. "Yes, I would love to have some!" She badly want to drink something, her throat was dry after that chilling conversation with her father.

But wow! That was some experience!

"Oh, okay," Diana replied, confused at her daughter's sudden behaviour. She set down the tea and poured some for Athanasia. "Here you go."

She eyed at her husband as she gave Athanasia her cup of tea. She noticed the dark aura around him, making her assume something about his talk with Athanasia before she came. Maybe about Lucas.

Oh, well. She will just ask Claude and might also save the person in his hunt list.

-

"Achoo!!"

"Ew! Who sneezed?" A magician complained, raising a bottle spray of alcohol.

Lucas raised a brow, turning to the complaining magician. Everyone went silent except one who was about to get a divine punishment from a variety divine person.

This might be his last day today.

-
just a chapter to loosen up hehe