Chapter 31 - Sweet Delicacy

"Father, I'm off!!" Ijekiel said, putting on his hat as he walked across his father's door. His father rose from his seat to see his son with a frown.

"Where are you going??" He asked.

Ijekiel stopped in his tracks and face his father with a smile. "I was craving for something sweet, I want to buy some delicacies nearby. Do you want anything, father?"

"Oh, well I don't like sweets so... Could you just call a maid to get me some tea?" His father asked, putting down his glasses. "I'd like to take a rest for a moment."

Ijekiel smiled. "You're finally taking care of yourself. Okay! I'll go tell a maid before going out!"

"Thank you, and take care outside!!"

"I will!"

-

Ijekiel walked out from their mansion, putting his hat on, he took a deep breath before walking down the stairs and made his way to the gates, greeting the guards a good day before walking out.

"Y-Young lord, I think you should go out with a guard!" One of the guards said, sweating. "We don't want to sit here, knowing you were out without protection!"

"You guys worry too much," Ijekiel said with a chuckle, shaking his head. "I'll be fine. Besides, I want to walk around before I will leave to travel around the world."

"But-"
"I don't want to hear any buts."

"...." The guards showed an uncomfortable look, gulping in nervousness. Ijekiel could only laugh at the sight.

"Well then..." Ijekiel patted their backs. "I'll be off."

Ijekiel continued his walk towards the lively town of Obelia. He makes sure to keep a low profile so that he could easily go back home to not worry the guards.

Though he'd like to look around to take a mental picture of the place that he would miss soon. Remember every small detail and the beauty that never fades for many years.

Finally, Ijekiel entered the bakery, letting out a sigh as he caught a whiff of the sweet smell of fresh-baked bread and sweets from the kitchen that is hidden behind the cashier.

"Welcome, sir!"

Ijekiel got out of his trance hearing the voice of the cashier as soon as he walked close. He turned his head to give the lady a greeting but soon stopped to see her smiling face.

Right in front of him, was a girl with a beautiful pair of emerald eyes hidden beneath her crescent eyelids and brown hair like a chocolate-milk drink pouring oh-so smoothly down to her shoulders.

Who is this beauty?

"Ah... G-Greetings....?" He stuttered, almost like a question. The lady laughed at his reaction, making him pause and stare at her weirdly.

She immediately stopped, noticing his gaze. "My apologies! It was your face as if you saw something weird!" She bowed, panicking.

"Why would you call yourself weird?" Ijekiel bluntly said.

Her eyes widened, her cheeks lightly flushed pink. "Pardon...?"

"I mean, I was staring at you, and you said that I saw something weird and-" Ijekiel stopped, noticing what he said. "Oh, my... Goodness! What did I just say?"

"U-Uhm..." The lady in front of him can't find a word to answer. She could only fidget with her fingers until she could find a word to say something. "T-Thank you..."

"Ah, I'm so sorry!" Ijekiel apologized. "I sometimes spit out the words in my mind..." His voice trailed off. "... I'm so sorry..."

"N-No!" She nervously laughed. "It's okay! W-Would you like something to taste here? It's my treat!"

"There's no need m'lady!" Ijekiel shook his head with a chuckle. "I was gonna buy here, so there's no need to treat me."

"I insist!" She said, surprising Ijekiel as she leaned close to his face. Her face looked so serious, almost making Ijekiel laugh but he needs to be polite. It would be rude to laugh at a woman's face.

"T-Then... I'd like to have one..." Ijekiel gave up, looking away to stop himself from blushing.

She immediately beamed which did not help to calm Ijekiel's heart down. "Okay! You know, there's this one sweet that my father baked only for me and I brought them for snacks! I never really shared this with someone, so you're the first!"

"Really?" Ijekiel blinked.

She nodded with an excited hum, taking out a basket where she packed the sweets her father baked for her. "Here it is!" She took off the top, showing it to Ijekiel.

"Woah, I can smell that it's would be good," Ijekiel muttered, amazed.

"I know right!" She agreed.

"Well, thank you for the treat," Ijekiel said, taking a piece. He's quite excited about the taste, it really smells good.

"Also, can I know your name... Sire?" Ijekiel almost choked at the question even though he still haven't taken a bite.

"P-Pardon..?"

"W-Well, I thought that we could really get along... A-And I don't really know how to make friends, I'm sorry if I'm too blunt about it..." She stammered, looking everywhere but his eyes.

And there, Ijekiel couldn't help but smile. "No, it's fine. I'm just surprised. My name's Ijekiel, yours?"

Her nervousness disappeared and was replaced with happiness and excitement. "Jennette! My name is Jennette!"

Ijekiel chuckled at her reaction and finally taking a bite of the sweet.

It's sweet...

--
Hiiiiiii
Sorry if it's short T~T
I'm still answering for my exams, and I have a project to work on >~< I might not update the next chapter early

Also I got a new phone!! I can finally work on the other 2 books yayyyy!!

That's all!!! Thank you to everyone who waited for me T~T I love ya guyssss

[2 chapies to goooo~]