Chapter 9 - The Past

"Evacuate the citizens!! Take them far away from here as possible!!!" The guards yelled from the top of their lungs.

"This way!!"

"Careful miss!"

"Faster!!!"

The citizens of Obelia were in a state of panic, there were a lot of people injured from the blasts of a magician that is currently wreck havoc in the empire.

In the Emerald Palace, Athanasia ran down the hall with worry in her eyes as she ran to a certain room.

She was about to open the door but was met by her husband, holding a baby sleeping in his arms.

"Lucas! Thank goodness you caught her!" She cried as she took their child. "I saw the Palace explode so I ran here as fast as I could."

"She's fine," Lucas, her husband said, giving their child a soft kiss on her forehead. "Good thing that I was around near the palace."

"About the explosion... Do you think that it's him?" Athanasia asked, looking up at her husband grimly.

"There's no doubt that it's him," Lucas nodded. "I can feel his mana around... You need to escape with Attheia, it's dangerous..."

"What?!" Athanasia exclaimed. "You want me to leave you?! Nuh-uh mister! I'm not leaving you here!!"

"Athanasia, it's dangerous!"

"I'm not leaving you here," Athanasia said seriously, glaring at her husband. "Let's do this together.."

"Athy, we're here."

Athanasia flinched, waking up from her dream. "Huh?"

She adjusted her sight and saw her mother sitting across her with a warm smile on her face.

"Mom?" Athanasia groaned as she sits up. "Where are we??"

"We're in a carriage sweetheart," Her mom said with a chuckle. "It's about to park in the plaza, you fell asleep."

Athanasia's eyes widened and let out an awkward chuckle. She forgot that she's going out with her mother and fell asleep. How silly of her.

"Sorry, mom..." She apologized.

"It's okay," Diana replied, smiling at her daughter. "Now we've arrived, let's go shopping!!"

"Yay!!" Athanasia cheered.

The two immediately got out of the carriage, leaving the poor coachman alone with the horses.

Athanasia held her mother's hand tightly in excitement as she saw a bunch of people roaming around the plaza, buying stuff from the vendors.

"Where should we go first?!" She asked, looking up to her mother with beaming eyes.

Diana chuckled at her cute daughter. "Let's go over that one, I saw some cute jewelry there," She said, pointing to a small store with blue and yellow designs on the roof and the tablecloth.

We walked towards there and stare at the pieces of jewelry laying on the table.

"My, you chose the right store!" The owner cheered, showing his best smile. "These jewelry are from different kingdoms, and made from real gems!"

"From different kingdoms?" Athanasia tilted her head. "Are you a traveler mister?"

"I was, but I'm very old to travel now so I decided to stop here and sell some of my jewelry," The vendor answered, smiling at Athanasia.