Chapter 17 - What Is It That You Desire?

What is this feeling?

Ijekiel doesn't like it one bit.

Anger, frustration, regret. All mixed up in his heart, it's messing his mind. He can't even do just one work done.

His father noticed it and insisted him to take some rest. And maybe ask for the magicians in the tower to make him some medicine for headaches.

Ijekiel followed what his father said since he don't want to worry him.

Yes. It's just a headache, Kiel. Nothing more. He told himself. I'm just stressed with my works.

"Ah! Greetings, sir Alpheus!" The magician greeted him as he walked into the room. Ijekiel nodded with a weak smile.

"What brings you here sir?" One of the magicians asked as he helped his coworkers clean up the dirty office.

"I wanted medicine for headaches," Ijekiel answered.

"Yes! We have one! This is the magician's tower of course, and there's nothing that the magicians could do!" They enthusiastically said.

"Then, can I get one?"

"Sure, sir. Just wait here!"

The magician left to pick up the medicine that Ijekiel came for. Ijekiel stood there awkwardly, waiting for his medicine.

The headache he had was mild so he could handle it for a while though for the while is not that long. The magician should hurry up or he would collapse.

So much for confidentially saying that his headache is mild.

He should have ordered a servant to get the medicine. Why is he even here?

"Here is it, sir! Sorry for waiting!" The magician came back with a red bottle in hand. He carefully gave the bottle to Ijekiel.

"Thank you. Then I'll be on my way."

Ijekiel left the tower and rode back to the Alpheus mansion. He immediately went to his room, locking himself again. He doesn't want everyone to see him like this.

He put down the bottle on his bedside table before laying himself to bed. He let out a groan as he felt a wave of pain in his head.

His headache is worsening.

"Are you in pain?" A voice suddenly echoed from nowhere, making Ijekiel jump in surprise. He sat up, looking around to see if there's someone but there's nothing.

"Who's there?" He asked, cautious.

"Ah, that feeling... I can feel that... Anger, frustration, regret... I assumed that someone stole your woman, no?" The voice continued to talk to Ijekiel.

How did he know what he's feeling besides the headache? And his woman? The hell is this man talking about?

"Aw, don't be in denial." The man laughed. "You wanted revenge right? That's what you want right? I could help you."

"Shut up..." Ijekiel hissed through gritted teeth. "I-I dont..."

"Just tell me, boy... What is it that you desire?"

What I desire... His voice echoed in his mind. Slowly, he turned his head to where he assumed the voice is. To the bottle.

That wasn't a potion for headaches. It was something.

But before Ijekiel could react, he has now fallen from the man's voice.

-
Veryyyy short chapter hahaha