So Long To Yesterday (Chapter 8 Journal Entry

By: Stacy Leonhardt Gravely

© All Rights Reserved – 2011

Journal Entries

8.

Blake

She's gone.

Katia's gone.

My parents want to take me out to enjoy my last night before boot camp, but I couldn't be in that house for a moment longer. So now I am sitting in the little clearing under the willow remembering my first kiss with Katia. Betty can even sense something is wrong. She nudged me the entire time I brushed her down. I can't help it, part of me is gone now. And honestly, I can't wait to get that piece back. I just want to hear her voice or see her smile, but now she's in New York. In fact, she should of landed by now. She said she'd call me once she made it to her dorm room. Have I said that this really sucks yet? Because it does! Big time!

Katia

It took me nearly an hour to swallow that lump in my throat as I waited in the terminal for my time to board the plane. Then I got stuck on the plane between some annoying teeny bopper and older woman that wore far too much perfume. What the hell was she trying to do? Mask the odor of death that was creeping up on her?

Luckily when I landed my dad had hired a driver to take me to the school. I don't know how I would of made it trying to haul all three suitcases up the stairs or even out to a cab. The driver was a nice guy, Joe. He seemed to be in his mid forties, and constantly talked about his younger teenaged children that were to begin high school in the fall.

It took us nearly forty 45 minutes to get to the school and honestly I don't know how I'm going to be able to find my way around the campus! It confusing! Joe reassured me it would only take a few times getting lost until I learned my way around. He was very helpful in finding where to get my key and getting around to my dorm.

Hayden Hall! That's where I'll be living for the next year, it's right off Washington Square! It's truly amazing. Luckily I have the dorm room to myself during the summer term, but I will have a room mate come the fall. After Joe helped me bring my bags in, immediately called home. Mom and Dad seemed happy to hear I made it to school with little drama. But when I called Blake I could tell he was hurting. I wanted nothing more than to crawl through that phone and kiss away every ounce of pain he was feeling. He was with Betty when I called, he said he had to visit the clearing before he left. It held many fond memories, he said. I couldn't help but to remember our own fond memory that clearing held for me! But as we were getting deep into a conversation the R.A. knocked on the door to introduce herself. And yes, these are co-ed dorm rooms, and no, I have no interest in the opposite sex except Blake!

I can't believe after tonight I won't be allowed to talk to him for nearly 13 weeks! He'll be allowed to send home a letter 4 weeks into boot camp. Though I know 3 months isn't that long, it seems like forever in my book.

Well its almost 7, and I am starving. I don't even have to leave the building for food! There is a dining hall on the first level!!! How cool huh? Well until next time!