So Long To Yesterday (Chapter 33)

By: Stacy Leonhardt Gravely

© All Rights Reserved – 2012

33.

Blake was high! High on life. Just when he thought the only thing in his life that was going right was Faith, Katia came back in his life. And now, she was pregnant. A long time fantasy began to play out before his very eyes.

He couldn't help but to smile as he woke up the next morning, Katia was wrapped in his arms her head buried beneath a veil of hair. He brought his nose to her hair smelling the lingering scent of her shampoo.

Richard thought it was best that he took Faith to their mother's giving Katia and Blake time to talk things out. Though he was happy for the two of them, he warned them things could get a bit difficult but when he spoke to the lawyer in the next couple days he would try to sort things out. And above all, he was sworn to secrecy. He wasn't allowed to spill the beans until Katia gave the go ahead.

As Katia began to stir in Blake's arms he leaned back as he watched her brush the tangled web of hair from her face and smile lightly at him. “Good morning.” Her voice barely coming out above a whisper.

“Good morning, baby. How do you feel?” He questioned as his hand found her flat tummy gently running his fingers across the soft skin.

“Okay at the moment, but I'm sure that won't last.” Katia stated as she started to sit up. Tucking loose strands of hair behind her ears she wiped her hands over her face as the first waves of nausea hit her. She groaned as she laid back down. “I told you.” She whispered as she threw a hand over her eyes.

“Its okay, baby.” Blake pressed a kiss into her forehead as he moved to get out of the bed. “I'm going to run to the store and buy some ginger ale for you. Anything else you need?”

“Crackers please.” She asked as she peaked out from under hand.

“Okay. I'll be back soon.” He announced as he pulled on his jeans. “I love you, baby.” He whispered before exiting the bedroom shutting the door quietly behind him.

Blake remembered when Hailey was pregnant, she seemed to love when Blake waited on her, but Katia seemed as if she didn't want to inconvenience anyone. He had it set in his mind he was going to make this pregnancy, and the rest of her life as comfortable as possible, starting now.

At the small grocery store he picked up a two liter of ginger ale and box of Ritz crackers hoping that would be good enough. Passing the books at the check out line he saw a stray book thrown in, “What To Expect When You're Expecting”. He chuckled to himself as he picked up the book and hid it under his box of crackers.

Trying to not draw more attention to himself he looked around briefly, he made sure no one who directly new him and his family was around before laying his purchases down to be scanned. As the the cashier zipped the items across the scanner she got the book last and when it wouldn't scan she looked down at the book then back at him.