Chapter 15

Not edited.

Sitting on the front step with a mug of coffee in her hand Nellie soaked up the warmth of the sun. She looked at the gardens and realised that she'd been extremely lazy in the last months. Weeds were growing well while the roses she'd planted looked like they were crying out for love. It broke her heart.

With determination she started and one by one the garden beds became weed free. With each weed came a memory of the life that she'd had with Sam.

A beautiful man. A real man. A pawn just as  he rest of them all were. Knowing that he was meant to die for her to be with Ethan was a pain thst ripped her heart to shreds.

He killed himself so she could live her destiny. A destiny that was ruled over by many who thought they knew best for all involved when it truth... they'd created more suffering and pain than should be permissable. Can't they see what they did was wrong? Surely if they knew what her destiny was then they would have also seen what would happen to get her there?

Did they start the day looking at their lives and throw a dice to work out what possible pain they could throw into their lives? Was this a game to them because she certainly felt like she was being played.

A mate. A true mate. Everything she'd been told was a lie. The fates could definitely play Russian roulette with mates and because they were Gods they expected to get away with it.

Not this time. This time they had to know how wrong they are. They had to know! They had the chance to ensure that she and Ethan had met up earlier but instead they gave her to Cam to abuse. If she was meant for great things then why were so many punished for it?

She didn't feel stronger for everything she sent through. That little girl still hides underneath and it's that little girl who is the true Nellie.

Smelly Nellie.

Yeh, she was meant to live through all of the abuse, the taunts and the name calling. Of course it all makes sense. Abuse the girl who has a destiny to fulfill because it's not like the journey to it means anything. Let her feel love and then take it away because it wasn't meant to be.

She never mattered really. She could see that now. Like Sam, she was a pawn in the greater game of chess that was her life. A pawn that was expendable.

How could anyone say that it was right? All this hurt.. for what? She didn't know. Everything in her life was in doubt.

Her mate, her true mate had marked her as his but was she really? Would the fates wake up tomorrow and throw the dice that came up with the number that riled the decision to take him away too?

All of this was wrong. The pain gripped her insides and left her gasping for breath. She had to know! Would there be any point if it wasn't to be in the future?

She had to protect herself; to rebuild walls that had started to crumble. She had to do it. She had no choice. Her wishes meant nothing to the fates and she couldn't, wouldn't wait for the day... that day when they decided that she shouldn't be with Ethan any longer.