Chapter 28

Not edited.

Ethan watched as she slept. The day they'd had was filled with many moments where he wished that he could simply hide her away from everything. He had begun to regret that he pushed her into coming home but if he were honest with himself then he'd admit that he didn't regret it completely. He already felt more comfortable back in the werewolf world than he ever would in a world surrounded by humans. Then there was the miracle that Nellie never dared to wish for. She had Chrissy back and Sander was over the moon with happiness and love for the she-wolf he hadn't expected to return so quickly.

Thank the Moon Goddess that she did! Nellie became a stronger person in that moment. Her strength shone through as they sat across from Paul in his office and listened to everything he had to say. Sarah and James standing beside them. As the new reign of Alpha's and Beta's they would be overseeing many chages in the werewolf world. 

Nellie had asked for some time to consider everything before she accepted Paul's decision and as much as it was obvious Paul wasn't happy about doing it, he granted her wish. The information had been almost as amazing as it was daunting. The expectations of what would be expected of Nellie and himself were far greater than those of a regular alpha.

They were in fact, if Nellie accepted... and he knew she would... going to be the werewolf's counsel between earth and the stars. Nellie didn't realise but she was going to be a leader between both wolves and Gods. Her true strengths were yet to surface and as such she still doubted her ability to do what was asked of her. She may end up with similar powers to her blood mother and if he was luvky then that's what'll happen but if his luck had run out then she may end up with a temper like her blood father... and neither world was ready for two of them!

But now she was home. With him. With their family and if the Gods allowed then maybe one day they'd add to their brood. A little girl with the perfect innocent face that he just knew would wrap him around the tiniest of little fingers... or maybe a son. A young man whom they would raise to be a leader to all... and he could teach how to kick a ball with him and Alex.

For the time being though, that would all have to wait. Nellie had past demons that would consume her all over again if he allowed the pain to break through hernewly found strength. It made him furious each time he remembered her pain; her suffering. No one deserves the treatment Nellie had been given. No one. Her scars were etched in his memory like rising mountains in the mist. That night... that knife... if he hadn't arrived when he did... would she have gone through with it? Would she have survived?

He sighed and ran a weary hand over the back of his neck. He had to calm down and do it as quickly as possible before Sander pushed through and decided to go after each and every person who had hurt Nellie. As enticing as the idea was, the thought of ripping them apart, it was Nellie who would once again suffer. Both he and Sander knew that Nellie would blame herself and in her weakened emotional state of having just returned there was no way they could force that upon her.

No. He had to focus on something else. Something that would take his mind away from her pain.

Stacy.

Yep. He'd think about Stacy and the look on her face when they were all sitting together at t he dinner table and she gasped and clutched her legs under the table. For the first time inwhat seemed to her as years, Stacy felt pins and needles in her legs. Tears of joy, hugs and smiling through tears engulfed them all as they realised that there was a real possibilty that one day Stacy would regain the use of her legs. 

At least that was what they all hoped for, prayed for even but still they were reluctant to give in to the dream. Only time would tell them completely. Nellie held Stacy's hand through the whole thing. What the pair had gone through together it really seemed quite fitting that they got the chance to go through that moment together as well. 

He scowled as he recalled the way the pair had joked about the hunky physiotherapist and how he made them laugh about anything and everything while they were recovering. He'd had to grab hold of the sides of his chair or Sander would have taken over and claimed Nellie all over again. He'd let out a growl as it was... but it wasn't just him.

As the future Alpha, Nellie now had her own security detail. Men, warriors, who had been specially trained for the task of protecting their future leader. It was one of these men, Reece, standing to the side of the room who had also growled. It was obvious the humans had no idea he'd done it, but the wolves? Each one of them had heard the soft rumbling and turned to see the intense gaze that the warrior had plastered onto Stacy. It seemed that for all the previous joking that Stacy really did have a werewolf mate. It was now only time to see how Reece handled the situation to make her his. 

However it ended up happening, it was obvious that hunky physio's were off limits to both women.