Chapter 1

Not edited.
Slight change to the way I so this story. POV's will be no longer unless the situation calls for them. xxx

********

"Nellie sweetheart, you need to drink baby."

Nellie groaned and pulled the covers over her head. "Go away."

Ethan chuckled. His mate was sick with a human flu that had her basically bedridden for the past two days from a major lack of energy. Having previous medical experience got him elected to look after her. While he was happy to do just that he soon realised that Nellie was the sort of patient that all doctors and nurses dreaded. She was the queen of hating all things illness and he was positive that her family knew just that as they opted instead to help out with the children so she could, in their words, rest peacefully. He couldn't help but feel like he'd been duped.

"Come on baby. I'll let you sleep once you have a drink." He tried his coaxing voice to little avail anf then opted for the no nonsense voice "Janella, sit up and drink now."

"UGH fine!" She struggled to sit up but finally made it and growled at him when she saw the smirk on his face.

"Drink this my love and I'll leave you alone."

Taking the warm cup from him she took a sip without looking and gagged.

"What.Is.That?"

"Tea."

"Take it away!" she tried to pass the cup back to him only for him to gently push it back towards her.

"Nope."

"Yes!"

"Nope."

"Pleeease Ethan. I'd prefer coffee."

"Nope."

"Ethan!"

He started laughing at her pouting face. "It won't kill you."

"How can you say that? You know it comes from the the pits of hell!"

Her ranting brought on a coughing fit that gave him no option than to take the cup away from her before she got burnt. He rubbed her back murmuring words of comfort as slowly her body settled and she could breathe freely once more.

She lay back into him groaning "I'm dying."

Try as he might he couldn't help himself but laugh at the disgusted expression on her face. She really wasn't a good patient at all.

"No you're not."

"I am" she whined.

Ethan placed a kiss on the top of her head as he held her close.

"You just need lots of rest and fluids my love and you'll be up and about in no time."

"It feels like I've been sick forever. I'm so tired." Her weary voice was enough proof to him that she needed to go back to sleep.

"Drink the tea love and I'll leave you alone."

"No, I want coffee please."

"No sweetheart, you need to sleep." He picked up the cup from where he'd placed it on the nightstand and reaching around he held it to her mouth.

"Ethan..."

"Stop being a baby and drink Nellie. You have a family who're missing you and need you up." He didn't mean for the sharp tone that she would have heard but it was too late.

Nellie felt ashamed. The exhaustion she felt wasn't helping. Tears built up in her eyes as she took the cup from him and drank the now warm tea down in one go. Handing it back to him she pulled away and buried herself back in the bed. "Thank you Ethan."

"Nellie, I didn't mean..."

"I'm tired. Goodnight."

Ethan sat for a moment looking at the back she'd turned to him. He knew he'd made a mistake. A big mistake.

Her eyes were closed tight while she listened wondering what he was going to do. She knew from the start that she'd drink the evil drink. She just wanted something that was theirs and theirs alone. The laughs he'd had over her ideas regarding tea were the best of the memories that she had of him. She just wanted that back for a moment.

She heard him sigh and felt him stand up from the bed.

"We'll talk when you've had a sleep. Goodnight love. Sleep well."

A soft click of a door shutting signalled that he was gone. It hurt. Knowing that being silly about tea with him was something she would never feel right about doing again she sobbed. He was right. She was no longer a child. She was an adult with responsibilities and silly behaviour wasn't a part of that. Wiping the tears from her face she pulled the blankets over her head determined to sleep as she closed the door on that memory in her heart, one of the few she had from her time back there.

A/N Please don't hate me for this chapter. It really really is vital to the story I promise!