Chapter 9

Not edited. This chapter is written in the 'now'.

Ethan turned at the click of heels on the hard wood floor to find himself looking at a vision. His was floored by her beauty. She was more stunning than before if that was at all possible.

"Wow..." he gulped and Stacy and Irene giggled behind Nellie. They got the reaction they were aiming for while Nellie let out a shaky laugh while wringing her hands together.

He took her breath away. Dressed in a black suit with his face accented by the crisp white collar of his dress shirt she couldn't take her eyes away until she heard a slight cough.

Her eyes flew up to his "finished checking me out?" he said with a grin.

"Oh you know, just making sure you don't embarrass me."

"Oh really?" He started walking towards her "Do I pass the inspection?"

Nellie grinned and decided that teasing him was still fun "A girl can't be too careful you know."

He reached for her hands and immediately she felt the nerves drift away to be replaced by warmth. His thumbs rubbed gently on the top of her hands while he bent his face close to hers.

"You my love are stunning."

Nellie blushed and found she was speechless while Ethan moved closer to her mouth.

"Oh no you don't!" Stacy came furthet into the room. "We haven't spent three hours getting her ready for you to wreck her makeup before she gets out the door!"

Ethan laughed "Never thought I'd ever have such a bossy sister in law."

"I'm not bossy!" Stacy's tone quite indignant.

"You know Stace... you kinda are." Nellie teased her.

Stacy feigned disbelief with her hand on her chest "You wound me!"

All in the room laughed.

"Well, you two run along now" Irene stepped in "I have grandchildren I need to spoil and you're in the way!"

Ethan stepped back from Janella and kept a hand in his. Shaking his head "Not too much..."

"Oh shush you. It's my job as Grandma."

"Daddy!" Footsteps pounded the hallway floor before a princess Hannah leaped through the door.

"Daddy" she puffed out of breath at the door "you take care of my Mumma and bring me a surprise."

Nellie couldn't help it. The tears  built up in her eyes. This was the first time Hannah had called her Mumma and as she came close Nellie dropped down and hugged her tight.

"I love you Mumma" her sweet voice murmered as she snuggled in to Nellie's neck.

"I love you too sweet girl."

"Ok Ok... that's enough. Stop with the crying. That's just as bad as kissing!" Stacy tried to keep the emotion out of her voice and failed.  "Now go!"

"Hannah, would you like to help Grandma make some cookies?"

"Cookies!" She squealed. "Yes please Grandma. Bye Mumma, bye Daddy... don't forget my surprise." She ran off to follow her Grandma with Stacy following behind.

Ethan exhaled. To hear Hannah call Nellie Mumma was defintely in his top five special moments. He looked at her and smiled.

"Shall we?" He placed her hand within the crook of his arm.

"We shall."

Together they walked out the door. Arm in arm. Together. This night would be the beginning of their new life together. One where a young woman takes new steps and starts to believe in herself to accept that history is history. A night where a man pledges his soul for eternity to the beautiful woman walking by his side. A night when two meets two to become four to become one.

DON'T FRET! I'M WORKING ON THE NEXT CHAPTER NOW!!!