Chapter 3

So much writer's block with this story!

As you know, this will have slow updates!

I'm trying really hard with this one!

Enjoy!

-Amanda xx

-:-

When Kensi makes it to the hospital, it's nearing seven o'clock. She makes her way into his hospital room, and finds him looking through pictures in his phone.

"Deeks?" Kensi says softly.

"Fern." He smiles at her.

"Fern." Kensi repeats, biting her lip to keep from smiling.

"How's that biological clock of yours?" He chuckles.

Kensi runs to his hospital bed, "You-You remember me?"

"Unfortunately." Deeks jokes, taking her hand.

"You're unfortunate," She laughs, "How are you feeling?"

"Sore, nauseated," He shrugs, "Like crap, basically."

"The doctor says you'll be okay..." Kensi sighs, stroking his hand with her thumb.

"I hope so, Kens." Deeks breathes shakily.

She thinks of the many outcomes this person's sabotage plan may have on Deeks, but shakes it out of her head, and asks him, "Do you think I can stay tonight? Or until you're discharged?"

"Look, Kens, I know that your biological clock is going off soon, but-" Deeks starts, but is interrupted by a glare from Kensi which makes him laugh, "In all seriousness, I think they will, you're an agent."

"I'm going to the front desk and I'm going to persuade them into letting me stay." Kensi says, walking away with a devilish smile.

"Be nice!" Deeks call to her from his bed.

Returning to scrolling through pictures of he and Kensi, Deeks thinks of how he has to be there for Kensi when he gets out of the hospital. She's gone through too much.

"They said yes, it took some persuading as I'd expected," She smiles, "So, how'd you remember?"

"I was looking through some of the pictures on my phone, I fell asleep, and had a whole montage of our moments." Deeks smiles.

"Our moments?" She smiles back, "And which might those be?" She leans on his bed.

He looks straight into her eyes, "All of them."

Kensi purses her lips, "You're so cheesy."

"You love it."

She shakes her head, averting her gaze from him, "I thought I'd loose you."

"You're not. I'm going to stay and cause all sorts of trouble." Deeks says pulling her to his chest.

"I've gone through this twice already.. I can't- I can't loose you, Deeks." Her body soon becomes racked in sobs.

Deeks rubs small circles on her back, "I know how you feel.."

He feels her chuckle dryly and softly says, "No you don't.

"I do, actually... I-I thought you were dead a month ago, Kens." He allows some tears to fall.

"But I've been through it twice with you, and I just don't think I can deal with loosing you.. You- You're all I have."