Chapter 7

"What? Do do you mean they have Hetty?" Deeks asks, alarmed.

"What?" Kensi says.

"They just took her. The agent in distress signal went off a bit ago.." Callen sighs.

Deeks starts breathing quickly, and soon starts sobbing. Kensi takes the phone from him, "You know how she is, Callen. She won't be gone for long."

"I know. I know. Met us at OPS." Callen hangs up.

"This is all my fault. I shouldn't even be here. I wanted to run off, and keep you all out of danger, now look.. They're all after you guys." Deeks sobs, his hands shaking.

Kensi pulls him into a hug, and rubs his back, "You're okay.. We're okay. We'll be okay, Deeks. We're not going to stop until those dicks are dead or locked up, alright?"

He nods, sighing.

-:-

"Nell, calm down." Eric says.

Nell glares at him, "Calm down? Calm down? I can't calm down. Plus, you don't tell a girl to calm down because that is the last thing that calms them down, Beale."

Eric lifts an eyebrow, and her look softens, "I'm sorry. I just, I know that I can track her down. She has to have something on her. I mean, it's not like her to- to just not have anything to track her down with. Every electronic device is trackable."

"You'll figure it out. Who better than you?" Eric asks, stepping closer to her, "All I saw today before she was taken, was her eyeglasses and her broach."

Nell's face brightens, "Her broach. Eric you're a genius!"

Eric smiles to himself, "I've been told."

"Don't push it."

-:-

"So you tracked her down?" Callen knits his eyebrows.

"They're making this way too easy for us." Sam states.

"It wasn't them, though, it was Hetty. She had the broach."

"Okay, well then they're either planning something or incredibly stupid."

"I'm going with the latter." Callen chuckles.

Sam shakes his head, chuckling, then speaks into his wig, "Kensi, you almost here?"

"I'm pulling into the front now."

"She's somewhere in Long Beach. I'm sending the addresses to your cells." Nell says as soon as the step into OPS.

"Let's go." Callen says, running back to the car.

Once at Long Beach, they find Hetty's car in the front of the building, and they all share a look.

"What is her car doing here if they took her?" Deeks asks.

"Did they take her, Callen?" Kensi adds.

Callen just stands there with a face of shock, "The distress signal went off."

"She planned this. Hetty Lange trapped us." Sam chuckles.

"Trapped us for.. what exactly?" Deeks asks.

"We'll know once we ask." Callen says, walking into the building.

"Gentlemen, Miss Blye." Hetty says when she sees them.

"How can you do this, knowing how sick to my stomach I've been about any of you being in danger?" Deeks sighs.

"I did it with good reason, Mister Deeks."

"That reason being...?" Kensi trails off.

"An apology." Hetty says simply.

"An apology?" Callen asks.

"Yes," Hetty sighs, "I'm deeply sorry for everything that has happened. I'm sorry."

Sam, Callen, Kensi, and Deeks all share a look, and they collectively nod.

"Now, where are we at with the case?" Hetty asks, walking to the back of the building.

"Nothing has been done today, other than Deeks deciding to run off." Kensi glares at him.

"I'm sorry." Deeks mumbles.

Kensi shakes her head and sighs, Hetty continues, "I think you've all earned a well deserved break."

"Break meaning..?" Callen trails off.

"A three day vacation. You need it." Hetty pulls four envelopes, which the four agents tear open, revealing a plane ticket for Callen, Kensi, and Deeks. Sam's envelope held three, for his family.

"Where are these registered to exactly?" Sam asks, examining the tickets.

"Anywhere, anytime." Hetty says simply, "Now go on and pack."

"Is it a paid vacation? Because three days without pay is rough." Deeks smirks, with a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

"I can give you two weeks, no pay, if you wish, Mister Deeks."

"Nope, uh, we're good. It's all good." Deeks stutters.

-:-

Deeks sat in front of his luggage, staring at it, breathing heavily.

Suddenly, he hears the slam of his back door, and he's on his feet. Gun in hand, he walks around his house silently.

"You planning on shooting me, too? Damn, Deeks."

Deeks puts his gun down on the table next to him, "Goddammit, Kensi. Can you stop doing that?"

"Hmm? Doing what?" She steps closer to him, smirking.

"Oh you know what." Deeks moves closer, tilting his head.

"Nope, no, I don't believe that I do." Kensi lifts her eyebrows.

"Mhmm." He leans in, and she parts her lips. Deeks chuckles, and walks into his bedroom.

She follows him in, "I hate you."

"Oh no no, the contrary. You love me."

"In your dreams, loverboy." Kensi sits on his bed, rolling her eyes.

"Every night, Fern." Deeks winks.

"Anyway.. Where do you plan on going for your three days?"

"I don't know, I was wondering where you were headed." He sits next to her.

"Maybe we can use the ticket to take a flight to San Diego, stay at Bahía.." Kensi puts her arms around his neck.

"That sounds nice." Deeks leans in for real this time, and Kensi pushes him back, and laughing she says, "I'll be looking for food in your fridge."

Deeks sighs, and chuckles at Kensi. He takes a quick shower, puts on a fresh pair of jeans and a shirt, grabs his suitcase, puts Monty on a leash, and meets Kensi outside.

"We're taking Monty?" Kensi crouches and ruffles the dog's fur.

"No, I was going to leave him with Mrs. Torres." Deeks says, referring to his neighbor.

"Okay." She smiles.

"Are you sure that you want to do this?"

"Of course."

"Even after all of this?" Deeks sighs.

"Even after all of this. I'm here for you okay?"

"Okay."

-:-

FINALLY UPDATED

I HAD TO REUPLOAD BC MY PHONE IS STUPID & DIDNT UPLOAD THE LAST FEW SENTENCES

NO CLIFFHANGER, BUT EXPECT ONE NEXT TIME HEHEHE ILY

-AMANDA