Tell All/Final Chapter

The look he had on his face as he held the crying child in his arms was priceless, but it was even more priceless when she took him in her arms and he instantaneously stopped flailing and heaving and crying.

The sound of his tears were replaced by the sound of her soft humming.

They'd decided to try for children after the whole ordeal with his undead father. Her PTSD made worse, and his as well.

There were nights in which one of them would get out of bed, and lock themselves in the bathroom, pulling their knees to their chests, slowly rocking back and forth, as if somehow the nasty, unwanted thoughts of their torture and capture clouding their minds would fade.

His eyes no longer had that sparkle in them. Only on occasion, when she would hold their newborn child, and she'd silently let an I love you passed her lips.

Her smile was never as sincere, and never reached her eyes.. Only sometimes, when he would crack those stupid-ass jokes that sometimes wouldn't make sense.

The job wasn't a priority anymore. They'd lost their love for what they loved the most. But what choice did they have? Having to face the possibility of being killed or captured and tortured was too present in their mind.

Maybe all of this would change some day.

Maybe they'd return to work or maybe not.

Presently, as she looked down at her growing bump on their couch, Kensi's chest started heaving, and warm tears began to trail down her cheeks.

She felt the other side of the couch dip, and he heard him sigh sadly, "What's wrong, babe?"

"Everything, Deeks. How do we plan on raising two children when we don't even know how the hell to get out of this goddamn depression and post trauma? I don't want our kids to grow up in a broken home." She sobbed.

Deeks pressed his lips into a thin line, and pulled her into his chest, "They won't grow up in a broken home, Kens. We'll be fine."

"How the hell aren't they going to grow up in a broken home? We're broken."

He felt a lump in his throat as he began to speak, "Kensi. We might be broken, but we're going to get put back together. We may not be perfect, but I know we are worth everything. Our family. We need to work hard for this family. Now, tell me. have I ever lied to you."

Kensi thought for a minute before chuckling tearfully, "Yeah."

"What? I have not."

"That one time? When you read my memoir. You said you hadn't." Kensi said, pressing her head into his chest.

Deeks chuckled, shaking his head, "We need to be going in this direction. Forward. We can't be looking back. Yeah?"

Kensi nibbled the inside of her cheek, nodding ever so slightly.

The sound of her first born crying was heard through the light green baby monitor next to the couch, and Deeks quickly said that he'd take care of the little one.

When he got to the room, he quickly craddled him into his arms. The child quickly stopped his crying.

He just wanted to be held.

As Kensi looked into the room quietly, she kept thinking about how lucky she was. She went through the biggest hardship with the person she loves. Something she will always have present within her.

He promised he'd look after her.

And he did exactly that.

Fin.

--

Thanks to all those of you who read, and waited patiently for each update.

I'm working on writing something more comedic, so stay tuned for that woo

I'll still be updating the one shot book, but it'll be slow!

-Amanda x