prologue

march 17th 1995

march 17th 1995

cassiopeia's pov

1023 words

it was march 17th 1995, aka the day people have an excuse to get drunk, aka saint patricks day. i was walking to my friends house to spend the night seeing as my parents were out who knows where.

i was now about 3 minutes away from rose, my bestfriends, house and i have almost gotten hit two times from drunk drivers.

i started to get nervous with walking by myself on this busy road so i decided to facetime rose to keep me calm.

(a/n) okay so i know they didn't have facetime in 1995 so let's pretend we rich rich and have future technology because why not

"hey rose!" i said, with a hint of nervousness in my voice.

"hey cass. what's wrong? are you okay?" she said quickly. she clearly heard my nervous tone.

"oh no i'm alright. i just got nervous from walking alone." i reassured her with a quick smile.

"okay. cool. so do you remember that guy bobby wilson?" rose said. i smirked knowing my bestfriend had a crush on him.

"your future husband? noo it's not like i haven't heard about him. anyways, yes rose i remember. wasn't he in that band sunset swerve? the band that died right?" my tone started off as a joke but then quickly changed to being serious.

"one, i don't talk about him all the time, two, it's sunset curve, and three, yeah that was the band that died. it's a shame really. they were really talented. especially the lead singer." she said wiggling her eyebrows at the last part.

"yes well he was rather cute. but he's dead and i'm alive so i'm not understanding how that would work out. what would me and him meet at the graveyard every sunday and have a date." i joked.

you see, when luke was alive i had the biggest crush on him. i mean who wouldn't? but that crush ended when i realized he was dating his drummer. i wasn't trying to be a homewrecker and have a crush on a taken guy.

rose simply just laughed and shook her head.

in all honesty, i was upset when i heard he passed. i don't wish death on anyone and it's terrible how it could happen at any given moment and there's nothing you or anyone else can do.

"so rose what are we gonna do at your place?" i questioned. i was bored and tired of doing nothing anymore and i was looking forward to spending time with my bestfriend.

"well, i was thinking about watching clueless and eating snacks and than just gossiping?" she says with a little pout and puppy dog eyes knowing i hate gossip.

(a/n) i know clueless comes out a few months later just pretend it's already out.

i roll my eyes. "of course i can't say no to yo-"

BEEP!

everything happened in slow motion. i couldn't move. everything hurt. i felt like i was slowly slipping by.

i slowly moved my head towards where my phone fell and thankfully it wasn't far. i seen my bestfriend, the girl who's been by my side for 13 years, the person who's been so supportive and has made my life worth living, sobbing her eyes out.

i wanted to speak out, tell her i was okay, tell her that i'll be there in a second, and to tell her to calm down. but i couldn't. i couldn't speak. and i myself knew that i wasn't okay and that i wouldn't be there. i didn't know what was going to happen to me. all i knew was that i was scared and wanted to go home.

a few moments later, there were people surrounding my body. i glanced up to see rose with her mascara all over the place and fresh tears falling down as she watched me.

i wanted to close my eyes. i had a feeling what would happen if i did but i didn't know what i wanted anymore. i was tired of the pain and having a hard time breathing.

i heard sirens nearby, getting closer and closer. unfortunately, that was the last thing i heard before i closed my eyes.

~a few 'hours' later~

it has now been about a an hour or two since i died from that drunk driver. i've been in some sort of dark room and it's been quite lonely. i started to reminisce all that i've left. my bestfriend, my house, my parents, my other friends, and my paintings. painting. that's one thing i miss doing terribly. it always helped calm me down and focus.

not even a second later, it felt as if i was being pulled somewhere and it was the weirdest thing ever.

i looked around to see my new location and noticed that it was my room. it didn't necessarily look like my room but the window was in the same place and my paintings were hung up. i didn't know what to do. but i knew one thing. i was back home.

________________________________________________________________________________

okay well hi everyone it's the author. i just wanted to say a quick thank you for reading this. i really appreciate it.

i've written a book before but i quickly lost my motivation so lets hope i don't lose motivation on this. i just wanted to apologize if this was bad. i know i'm not a good writer but practice makes perfect.

anyways, if you have any questions on anything please let me know in the comments and i will answer as soon as i can.

please dm me any suggestions you have for me or anything i should do better. again, i'm a new writer and i'm not at all perfect.

also, i don't have a schedule for when i'll post chapters. it'll be whenever i have a chance. i'm sorry if it takes some time to update, i don't at all have a life but i like reading wattpad stories and they consume my time a lot. i also have school and i sometimes get a lot of work.