chapter 3

cassiopeia's pov

cassiopeia's pov

1110 words

previously...

"wow." i muttered. nearby i could hear someone sobbing and muttering to themselves. the voice sounded so familiar so, i decided to walk up to the voice. i couldn't get a good look at the face but i placed my arm around them and the mystery person leaned on my shoulder.

"hey." i said softly. "are you okay?" the person looked up at me and my eyes went wide. 

present...

"reggie?" i gasped. he sniffled quietly, tears threatening to spill from his eyes. his face was red and blotchy and his eyes were bloodshot. 

"i'm sorry for bothering you cass. i can go." his voice cracks while he tries to get up but i pull him back down and bring him in for a hug. he quickly hugged me back, sobbing. 

after long moments of silence, i slowly pulled away from the hug and looked into his eyes, "reggie, what happened?" he tore his eyes from mine and glanced over at a gravestone which i assumed was his. 

my gloomy expression quickly changed to a furious expression. his headstone was broken at the top, there was weeds all over it, dead grass surrounding the perimeter, and the flowers looked like they were about to die any second. i could've swore steam was coming out of my ears.

i changed my gaze from the headstone to reggie and my expression softened, placing my arm around his shoulder, i mumbled, "reggie i'm so sorry. whoever did this and allowed this to happen, t-they deserve to rot." he nodded and smiled gently. 

slowly, i got up and patted myself wiping the dirt off of myself with a small grin on my face. "hey reg, wanna get ice cream?" his original frown quickly turned into a smile. "yes!" he shouted. grabbing his hand, we poofed to the pier. 

***

tossing out my ice cream cup, i grabbed reg's hand again and started walking down the beach. "so," i began. "how long have you known doofus and alex?" he chuckled. 

"well i met doofus and alex in second grade and every since then we've been inseparable. i'm not really good at math so i don't know how long it's been." he joked and i laughed. "why do you call him doofus? did i miss something?" he asked raising his eyebrows. 

"no, you didn't miss anything. i just simply find him annoying. like today, i woke up and our legs were entangled together. i don't know how that happened. oh and i was getting out of my shower, and he walked in and just stood there!" i exclaimed the last part. before he could say anything i continued. "and he stood there with a smirk on his lips. who does that?! well i'll tell you. luke. luke does." i sighed in frustration. 

reggie's face broke out into a smile. "he likes you." 

i stopped walking and turned to face reggie. "very funny reg." seconds later, i broke out into a fit of laughter. luke. luke likes me? as if. we can't stand each other. he just likes teasing me. 

reggie looked at me with a smile still on his lips. "i'm being serious. the way you're describing how he reacted seeing you.." he blushed. "..naked. and how he teases you and all, that's how luke flirts. not like flirting for fun but flirting with the person he likes." 

"so you're saying..." i paused." luke likes me?" he nodded excitedly. 

"cass, do you like him back?" he asked happily. "reg, i don't." i sighed. "i don't like him like that. reg i don't even like him as a friend!" his smile turned into a frown. "but.." he looked at me hopefully. "but i guess, for you, i could get to know him. as a friend though. does that sound good?" he nodded with a smiled and hugged me. 

we continued walking down the beach just talking about random things. i found out julie was kicked out of her music program. i felt bad but at least she could go back in next semester. we talked about our families. i learned reggie didn't have a good home life and his parents were on the brink of a divorce.

 i realized that me and reggie had a lot in common from this little trip. we both enjoyed showers and sometimes bathes, our shared love for pizza and puppies and although he doesn't enjoy reading, he enjoys watching films like me such as star wars. 

***

about three hours later from when me and reg first met up at the cemetery we went back to the house. it had to be around ten in the morning and we found luke and alex walking around the room stressed. 

looking at each other, i walked up behind luke while reg walked up behind alex and we started counting to three. 

"boo!" we yelled. the two boys turned around screaming and fell to the ground while me and reggie were laughing. 

"here let me help you up pretty boy." i said to luke smiling. i reached my hand down to him and he grabbed onto it. "oh no you don't." he exclaimed pulling me down as well. "luke!! i giggled. he tried to get back up but he immediately fell back down from laughing.

 at this point, we were both laughing hysterically and pulling each other down each time one of us tried getting up. we were totally unaware of the two other ghosts in the room who were staring at us with a smile on their faces. 

it was just me and luke laughing together and for the first time in 25 years i was happy. and i mean genuinely happy. we were in our own world. and it was the two of us. 

________________________________________________________________________________

sorry for this being so short! 

i know someone thought it would be rose, well surprise! it's reggie!

i wanted cass and reg to have a brotp because why not? reggie is just a little bean and deserves the world.

anyways cass and lukes new friendship? thoughts? 

please be sure to vote and comment and tell your friends!

again, it gives me motivation when i get votes and comments because i'm able to interact with yall and learn how you feel.

next chapter the boys and julie preform for the first time together so be ready!! 

*sorry if anything is misspelled or worded wrong, i did go through it a few times and haven't noticed a mistake but i do know i miss a lot and my brain makes it look correct

anyways, enjoy loves <3