chapter 11

night of the orpheum, 2020

cassiopeia's pov

little tw, mention of transphobia - jk rowling

2620 words

the blackness engulfed my thoughts. stretching out in front of me like a map, the unknown studied my fears, my courage and my knowledge.

taking tentative steps, the infinite exposure of the human flesh dawned.

there was no life here. that was simple, no thriving population, no signs of past living. the darkness had overcome any sense of purity, consumed all hope of cleanliness and had wiped out all of my desire.

i was stuck here and was never getting let out. or so i thought.

all of my friends aren't here to help. the two people i called my friends betrayed me. i feel like the marauders from harry potter.

smiling to myself, i recalled the storyline of prisoner of azkaban. harry potter has recently been my new "go to thing" seeing as julie had all of the books. the two of us even watched the films- they were amazing. it's a shame that the author of the amazing story is transphobic.

i don't understand how a person could hate someone just because of who they love and want to be. if only everyone was accepting.

slowly, i got up and started to walk around the room to find an exit.

"cass?" i heard a whisper. it was a woman's voice.

i looked over to where the voice was. "hello?"

a dim light turned on and the figure walked into the room. "cass, it's willow. i-i'm here to let you out."

"willow." a purple jolt surged through me knocking me down. "i-i what's happening to me?" i questioned, getting back up.

"listen carefully. you need to figure out your unfinished business so you can cross over and caleb won't be able to bother you anymore with those jolts. the boys are preforming at the orpheum tonight- they think that's theirs. do you have any idea what yours could be?"

unfinished business? there nothing i wanted to do before i died. "i'm sorry, i don't know." i frowned.

"you met your brother right? maybe it has to deal with him!" she emphasized.

"oh my god, willow! you're a genius. i need to find him. do you know where he is?" i needed to find nick, and i needed to find him now.

"he's at the orpheum waiting for the performance. i can take you there." she stated. i started walking towards where she was standing to get her past the door.