Chapter Thirty-Two.

"Do you understand Emma?"

I nod. "Yes father"

My dad smiles at me before glancing at his- well, our council. All the men sitting around the table seems happy and proud of the decision made by my father. "You all heard my daughter. She agrees"

Everybody applauded. They all stood up from their chair and exchanged compliments about me to their colleagues. A smile, as big as our castles, lightened up my face and my father took my hand to invite me to stand up. Once I was on my feet, I waved at the council and all of them thanked me for my commitment. 

"You will be an amazing woman my darling," whispered my dad. He hugged me and my smile got even bigger. I never needed approbation from anyone, but it feels good to know that my father and his council are happy with me taking the mantel. It won't happen until he dies, obviously, but the family will be in good hands. "You will always be my Majesty, Emma"

I open my eyes and immediately close them when the rays of sunshine tickle me. I tighten my grip on the person I am holding, and it's only now that the memories of the previous night come rushing back to me. I open my eyes again and smile when I notice that Thomas is still asleep.

"I don't care! Where is Thomas Shelby?" I would recognize this voice anywhere. The Duchess.

I manage to get out of bed without waking up Thomas and grab a dressing gown before walking out of the room. I follow the voices and once I get at the top of the stairs, I can see the Duchess arguing with Mary, Thomas' maid.

"Tatiana," I say. Both Mary and the Duchess turns around to look at me. The Duchess' face goes from anger to fear in a second.

"Ms Langdon, I am sorry"

"No need to apologize, Mary," I quickly say while walking down the stairs. I walk up to her and gently put my hand on her arm. "I will handle the situation. Could you make sure breakfast is ready for Mr Shelby? He will be awake soon"

"Of course. Will you need your clothes from yesterday?" She asks. I nod and she leaves the hall.

I turn around to look at Tatiana. She is holding on her gloves as if they were a weapon. Even if she had a weapon in her hands, she won't be able to use it. Not against me, she knows better now. "To what do we owe the pleasure of your visit?" I ask.

"I am not here to speak to you. Where is Thomas?" Demands the Duchess.

"Not available. What can I do for you, Tatiana?" I say, knowing perfectly that she hates being called by her name. But she knows I'm above her; above all of them.

Tatiana sighs, unhappy. "I cannot discuss private matters with you"

I smirk. When I walk up to her, Tatiana takes a step back. I stop myself just a few centimetres away from her and smile even more. "Of course you can. We are like family"

Tatiana gulps. "When Mr Shelby wakes up, tell him to meet us. Alone"

"It would be my pleasure"

The Duchess turns around and starts to walk away. But right before I can do the same, she turns to me, anger on her face. "You can't do this," I raise my eyebrows, surprised by the tone she decided to use. "We are nobles of Russia. My uncle is a Romanov!"

"Romanov were beneath me, and you know it"

"We will never be beneath you!" Shouts Tatiana. I really don't like her tone.

"You already are"

"You are not better than us! We are nobles, the royal family was our family! How dare you threaten us?! Relatives to the great Romanovs?!"