Chapter Twenty.

"I have to call Ackley"

Thomas looks surprised as I leave his side to go back to the bedroom. I sit on the bed and grab the telephone.

"Why would you call your driver?" Asks Thomas as he enters the room.

"We are going back to Birmingham on a train," I say. "Which means anyone can get in. Which means other men could try what those men tried tonight. I cannot risk that"

I wait for Ackley to answer the telephone while my thoughts wander around. It is a big possibility that we can get targeted again, and when my eyes fall back on Thomas, he doesn't look worried. Why doesn't he looks worried? Someone could be trying to kill us. Why doesn't he cares?

"Why does it seem like you don't care?" I ask, confused.

Thomas scoffs. "Hang up that phone Emma"

"No," I reply. "I am going to make sure that no one will try to kill us"

"How? You're gonna privatise a whole train?" Retorts Thomas while walking up to me.

"Don't be silly; I know you cannot privatise a train," I say. "I am going to buy the company"

Now, Thomas looks annoyed. And when he's about to retort, I can hear Ackley's on the other end of the line.

"Mr Parker Residence"

"Ackley, it is me," I say.

"Ms Langdon, is everything alright?

"No. Nothing is alright," I reply.

"I can be in London before dawn"

"Emma, hang up that phone," insists Thomas.

I ignore him and tighten my grip on the object. "I need you to buy the railway company Ackley"

"You can't buy a fucking company!" Exclaims Thomas.

And I assume Ackley heard Thomas' outburst because I can hear things moving on Ackley's side. "I can be in London in less than four hours Ma'am"

"Emma, hang up that phone"

This time, Thomas tries to take the object from my hand. I succeed to get away from him, the phone still against my ear, and continue my conversation with Ackley.

"I do not want you to come, Ackley. I just need to have a train to myself and to Thomas," I explain.

"You can't buy a fucking company!" Shouts Mr Shelby.

"Ma'am, if Mr Shelby doesn't calm down; I can have someone at the hotel in less than twenty minutes," informs Ackley.

"Thomas is fine!" I shout, exhausted that no one will listen to me. "I just want to buy this train company!"

"You can't!" Screams Thomas, again.

"Do not hang up Ma'am, I will get someone at the hotel," says Ackley.

"I don't want anyone at the fucking hotel!" I shout. "I do not want anyone! I want this fucking railway to be mine before dawn!"

When I lay my eyes on Thomas, I can see his surprise due to my outburst and language. Well, I am tired of being ignored and not heard.

"Ma'am is every-"

"I want this company, Ackley," I say, interrupting him.

"But Ma'am-"

"It's an order!" I shout, my eyes closed.

"Emma"

My heartbeat is irregular. My hands are moist and trembling, my mind keeps wandering around and those images turns in my head indefinitely.