Epilogue

When the last guests are finally out of the ballroom, I turn around to look at Thomas, a huge smile on my lips. Too much happiness is coursing through my veins right now. This evening was an endless party of joy and love.

"This was an interesting night," says Thomas.

"The night only started for you," I retort.

Tommy smirks as I step forward to put my lips on his. One of his hands on my back brings me closer to him and I smile when I feel his fingers playing with the hair falling on my neck.

"Ma'am"

I break the kiss and turn around to see Ackley standing next to the doors, still dressed in his suit. It is way too late for him to still be awake and dressed in his day clothes.

"Everything alright?" I ask.

His eyes fall on Thomas and judging on the way he is staring at him, I understand something is not alright. Sure, Ackley never liked Tommy, but it's not just that. There is something else going on.

"You received a letter Ma'am"

Impossible. "Alice went to the post office and there was nothing," I retort confused.

"It was delivered privately," explains Ackley as he walks to me.

I frown my eyebrows, confused and at the same time, afraid. No one has my address; no one except-

And when Ackley shows me the letter and I see the red of the writing and the seal, my heart skips a beat and my fear becomes real. Everything becomes a blur and I feel myself tanging. Thomas is talking, I think, but I can't hear anything. He is too far away. All I can think about is this letter and the seal on it.

"Thomas, I'll see you later," I say when passing by Ackley, taking the letter from his hand.

"What-"

"Ackley, see Mr Shelby out"

"With pleasure Ma'am"

Thomas tries to call me, probably to get information on what is going on, but I ignore him and rush to my office.

***

When Ackley finishes reading the letter, my hands are still shaking and my heart beating too fast. It's impossible. Completely impossible.

"Would you want me to read it again Ma'am?"

"No," I reply coldly.

I stand up from my chair and grab a glass on one of my furniture. But before I can pour water in it, anger and anxiety rise in me and I throw the glass in the chimney. Ackley remains still as I burst in stress and rage. I break every single bottle and fragile furniture. I break everything. And when my staff comes in to check on me, Ackley quickly tells them to stay away and to go back to their wing.

Once my outburst is over, I fall to my knees in front of the fire crackling in the chimney.

"When?" I ask.

"A few days Ma'am"

"It doesn't tell me when!" I shout back.

"The letter was sent a few weeks ago. They will be here before the end of this week"

I hold on my dress, tightly, and try to calm myself. How didn't I know? Why didn't I prevent this? Why wasn't I informed sooner? Why now?!

But Ackley's last words don't help. "Ma'am, they-"

"Don't say it," I interrupt him.

"The gang is coming, Ma'am-"

"Don't say it," I repeat. I close my eyes, trying to shut Ackley's words.

"They're gonna burn Birmingham to the ground"

"Stop it, Ackley"

"They're gonna kill the Peaky Blinders-"

"Stop it!" I shout again.

"-for you"

******

Hi! I hope you all had as much fun reading this first book as I had writing it. You may have understood, this saga will have a second book! I am very excited for the second tome because it is crazier, super wild and completely roaring. Trust me, you haven't seen who Emma really is.

The first chapter of the second will be published in a few days. I hope to see you all there!

Thank you for following Emma's adventure. I love you Xx