Chapter 13: Naruto's a Protective Idiot

I sat, staring at the man as he took a sip of the cheap hospital coffee and read the newspaper. He hasn't said anything yet but if Itachi does suddenly show up in front of you, he defiantly needed something.

"Come on, Hina," Itachi flipped the page. "I know you know I need something."

I narrowed my eyes, "You're very creepy."

He looked at me, amused, "Wow. Since when did you get so feisty?"

I rolled my eyes. I liked Itachi, we have that kind of love - hate relationship but he's always so busy... running the giant Uchiha Hotels that are international...

"What is it that you want, Itachi?" I asked.

"What? I can't see my favorite little sister anymore," he pinched my cheek with a smirk.

I smacked his hand away, "I'm not your little sister. Sakura is now."

He blinked, surprised, "Since when? Why not you? I thought my little booger of a brother loved you."

I sat back feeling a little awkward, "That was never a thing."

"How could you be so sure?" He narrowed his eyes. "And why aren't you shuddering?"

Why am I not shuddering? Naruto isn't even around here...

I scanned the lunchroom for any familiar faces. Sure enough across the cafeteria, the spiky blonde hair was sticking out. Tenten had her head down... protective idiots.

"I just met someone who I actually liked," I replied, my eyes returning to the man.

Itachi didn't look convinced, "Do you love this someone instead of Sasuke?"

"I never had feelings for Sasuke-kun," I replied, bluntly. "He will always be my best friend and I'll love him... but only like a brother. Nothing more. I love you the same way, too so don't be disappointed."

Itachi sat back, "How did Sasuke take it when you told him?"

"He never asked me directly but I already dropped a lot of signs," I said.

Itachi nodded his understanding quite slowly. I was never nervous around this idiot but the way he's looking at me... I am nervous. His familiar black eyes judging me.

His eyes suddenly brightened, "Alright, alright. Just forget about everything I just said to you, okay? Now onto important business, I need your father's number. We're starting a deal but I forgot to ask for his number the last time I met with him."

"You could've just texted me and I would've given it to you."

"I know but you know how hackers are these days. Wouldn't want your father getting prank calls now do we?"

"Fine," I took my phone out and recited the number for the older man. He nodded every other number than turned his phone off.

I put my own phone in my lavender jogging jacket, "Great you got what you want. Can I go now?"

"Nope, I have something for you and a friend," He pulled two tickets out of his expensive black suit. "Here, tickets to an Uchiha Resort in Los Angelos. Take a friend."

"You've seen the people I hang out with," I snapped. "I'll never survive if I only take one of them with me!"

Itachi waved his tickets. "Come on, you know you want it, Hina. When was the last time you've been on vacation? And must I ask; Los Angelos is one of the warmest places to be during the winter. Why not take a 7 days 6 night trip, then? Especially for the beautiful Hyuga heir."