Chapter 7: Naruto and I Have a Fight

Hinata's POV

"So you and Sasuke-kun a - are a thing now?" I blinked, surprised. It was the following morning to be specific, it was Friday.

Sakura, Ino, and I have an off period so we were just hanging out in the girls' bathroom so Ino could touch up on her make up, not that she really needed.

"Well," Sakura's cheek turned the same color of her hair, "Yes and no. Our first date is this evening."

"Do you know where he's taking you for this very special occasion?" Ino asked, throwing her lip gloss into a pouch.

She shook her head, "He just told me to meet him in front of Student Hall."

I smiled, "Remember, h - he can be a c-class A cheapskate. "

"You're right," Sakura laughed. "I'll keep that in mind, thanks Hinata."

Her emerald eyes turned to me with warmth. When Sasuke found and walked her back to our dorms last night, she, for some weird reason, was kind of pissed off at me. Me, hating people hating me, asked her what's wrong.

She ignored me for a second before sighing and asking how I felt about Sasuke. I was confused so I answered her truthfully saying that he's my brother and closest friend.

Sakura ended the conversation with the biggest smile ever then proceeded talking about what she should wear for the date. I helped her out and we settled on a long turtleneck dark pink dress with a black skirt and black leggings completed with a pair of my leather black combat boots. Ino's in charge of her hair.

I still don't get one thing though. Is there supposed to be a certain feeling I'm supposed to be feeling about Sasuke and Sakura ever getting together. So many people expect me to be. In my opinion, one of the cutest couples to ever Konoha High's halls was about to be born.

Cue the mental fangirl.

Once we left the bathroom, Ino suggested we go to the library, to further the conversation. My phone rang before then and I told the girls to walk on ahead.

Walking in the opposite direction, I headed towards the courtyard. Finding a bench I sat down and pulled my phone out.

A feeling of... dread? Fell upon my stomach when I saw the caller ID. I drew a deep breathe before sliding the green phone button to answer.

"Father."

"Hello daughter," the old voice replied. "School has been treating you well?"

"Just cut to the chase, Father," besides Naruto, when addressing my father, I don't shutter. It's a sign of weakness and there us no way I'm showing my dad that I'm the same weak daughter I was years ago.

"Yes well," he cleared his throat. "I heard from my sources-"

"Neji-nii-san," I corrected.

"That there is a new boy enrolling at your school, is that correct?"

"Yes."

"I also heard that he is of the Uzumaki blood, correct?"

"Why does his surname matter to you?"

"I want you to steer clear of the boy."

"Why? What has he ever done to you?"

"It is not what he did to me that I'm worry about, Hinata. It's what he...did in the past that makes me worry about you well being, daughter."

I rolled my eyes, "Since when did you ever care about me?"

"Now, I might've sent you to a boarding school, but I am still your father," he snapped. "I demand the upright respect from you, young lady."