Chapter 22: Hinata, I Was Foolish

Warning: some cussin!

I tried to leave but both Naruto's and Sasuke's hands caught mines. Our friends were slowly starting to realize what was going on as they too examined the little baby girl.

"Hinata, I can explain," Naruto said, carefully.

Sasuke, now angry, swatted his hand away, "Don't you dear fuckin touch her!"

Naruto bit back his hurt but I don't care. He lied to everyone, he lied to me about something as big as having his own daughter! Yeah, I might be overreacting but if you were a girlfriend and you find out your boyfriend had a child with some other woman, you'd be pretty pissed.

I snatched my hand away from both of them. Kicking my chair back, I left the table. Sakura made a move to follow me but I shook my head. I glanced at the baby girl again. Her whiskered cheeks raised up at me, her crystal blue eyes shined with wonder. I bit my bottom lip. It's not her fault her father couldn't keep it in his pants. I almost feel sorry for her.

I glanced at Valerie. Her eyes glittered with confusion and curiosity. It didn't take her long to realize who I am or at least my relationship with Naruto is. She reached out a hand to stop me but I was already out the restaurant doors.

I didn't say anything before leaving the hotel and marched out into the street. The warm LA breeze blew my hair behind me as I asked one of the valet to get me a cab.

I can't be here anymore... and I know just who can help me for the night.

~-~-~
Naruto's POV

I lost track of the amount of punches Sasuke and Neji scored across my face. I just know it was helping me a bit, too.

I fell on the sofa of the hotel room I shared with Hinata. Shit... just the thought of her name hurts every living cell in my body.

Sasuke seemed more frustrated and disappointed in me. Neji was just enjoying the fact that he has an excuse... a very good excuse for beating me up.

"You damn asshole," Sasuke spat. "Was it so hard to mention you have a kid?!"

I didn't answer, instead I wiped my busted lip with the back of my hand.

"The only reason why I tolerate you is because Hinata asked me to," Neji flexed his fist. "But now, you've done more than hurt her. We have no idea where she is in the middle of Los Angeles!"

He was about to throw another punch but I'm really ready for it. I shut my eyes, ready to get the shit beaten out of me.

"Hold it Neji," Sasuke voice stopped the impact from ever coming. "I found Bookworm!"

"Where is she?" Neji asked.

Sasuke's eye narrow as he read the screen, "She's safe for the night. She's with Itachi."

Itachi? Who the hell is this gu- ohhh. Sasuke's older brother Itachi that gave us the tickets in the first place.

Neji nodded, "As long as she's okay."

"She told us not to come for her. The girls are with her for the night and we can stop beating the shit out of Naruto with a please."

Hinata's older cousin didn't seemed like he liked the idea too much. But Neji had enough respect for his cousin so he let it go.

I wiped my mouth again. It's sore and I can't even see out of my right eye. I deserve all of this. I should've told Hinata and everybody else that I'm a father. I should've just said it when we were playing twenty questions that afternoon in her room.

And now, I'm just a loser; a coward! Because I didn't tell my girlfriend about my daughter that was a complete accident.

No, falling into a girl is no accident. I thought it was because I loved Valerie that I was doing what we both wanted. Turns out, it was some shitty bet that she made with her friends to get me, the hardest guy ever, in bed. Karma at its finest when she found out she was pregnant a month later.

I left because I was scared and angry with myself. It wasn't because I kept beating everybody up who got in my way. It was because I was foolish enough to think Valerie actually loved me; that she was willing to share that special moment with me.

I was so stupid...

Sasuke and Neji were talking to each other. Probably trying to figure out what to do with me. I can't stay here... I need to get the hell out of here and explain everything to Hinata. She's the one that deserves an explanation.

They turned their eyes for one second, and I was already out the door. Sasuke called for me, I could hear Neji on my tail. Kiba and Sai, who were on guard, were thrown off guard (hehe) when I shot right passed them and into the emergency staircase down the hallway.

I was dizzy, couldn't see anything but I really, really need to see Hinata. And what better way to explain with her crazy serial killer cousin and her bestest guy friend on Earth out to kill me, huh?

~-~-~-~

You guys are probably shocked beyond shock! Well, things abouts to go down hill from here, if you can take it; read on.

Thinking about a sequel. Let me hear your thoughts of it!