Chapter 1: Bad Boy Is My New Partner

"Sasuke Uchiha manages to dribble past the Tokyo's point guard and he's moving straight towards the basket! Shikamaru Nara and Neji Hyuga not far to rebound if he needs it!"

Two beautiful cheerleaders threw up the orange pom poms and cheered loudly for the captain. I'll admit, Sasuke has a shotting rate of 90% at the free throw line so making this basket either a slam dunk or even a three pointer won't be too hard for him. The guy is born for this sport literally. The crowd thinks so as well, considering they are literally roaring like thousands of dragons for their beloved men's basketball team.

"Manager Hyuga!" the coach's voice snapped me back to the benches where all the subs for Konoha were watching and yelling for their captain.

"Yes, sir?" I strightened myself a bit. "What do y-you need?"

He gave me a kind smile, "Half time is coming up. You got all that Powerade for all them thirsty boys? The power of youth is behind those mysterious drinks."

I nodded with respect, "O-of course. Enough to f-fill the cheerleading s-squad as well."

Coach Guy waved me off as he went back to glaring at the court. It didn't take him long to begin shouting at our most lazy player, Choji. I hid a giggle when I saw the poor small forward sucked in his breath and ran faster.

Sasuke sidestepped Tokyo's own small back who easily pivoted and nearly made the point guard lose the ball. Too bad, Sasuke knew to switch hands and block the swat with his body. He pushes pass and aims for a layup.

You got it, Sasuke-kun, I mentally rooted, the subs by now were on their feet cheering their beloved captain on. Three seconds before the buzzer.

The captain of Tokyo, a 6'5" exchange student from the US shouted a command towards his team. They started closing in on Sasuke.

They were a miilisecond late. The captain of the enemy team went in behind Sasuke to swat the ball from ever hitting the backboard.

Too bad he was swatting air and pushed Sasuke out behind the hoop in the process. As the ball rolled into the basket, the deafening buzzer went off along with the refree's whistle signalling a free throw. The bleacher erupted in yells and cheers. The opposing team cussed since the basket only put us further ahead. Score now: 65-34.

Shikamaru and a long haired boy with a headband holding back the raven black bangs named Neji held a hand out before flinging a smirking Sasuke to his feet. As they made their way over to us, the crowd's celebrations never died down.

"Manager!" the coach called again. "I need you for a moment."

I jogged over to the older man high fiving and pounding some of the teammates fists as they began getting ready to go into the locker room.

"Y-yes, sir?"

"Quickly give me a formation," he commanded. "I think our precious little captain needs a little rest. Who should I put in in his place?"

Surprised? Let me explain: I'm the ultimate nerd yet why is the coach of the men's basketball team asking a little bookworm like me what plays to use?

I'm a bookworm who studies in the courts as well.

I glanced at the subs. A lanky freshmen with brushy eyebrows stood up and gave his chest a pound, earning a few glances from his teammate. Rock Lee is a little too weird for my liking but his speed is no joke. Come spring, his speed would very much be appreciated as a midfielder on the soccer team.

"W-why not let Lee g-go in?" I suggested. "Y-yeah he lacks e-experiance, but his speed s-should make up for his l-lack of skills."

Guy pondered on the thought. Really, he was pretending. Guy isn't the best basketball coach born; that's why he chose me, a sports genius, to help him managed.