Chapter 2: Naruto Is My Cure

• Dedicated to All NaruHina Fans Out There!

"B-but I-"

"Great," I could hear Naruto grumble.

Sasuke's body tensed a bit signalling he heard as well. If I were being honest, I'd say I'm more worried about the fact that I have to talk to him. I was just planning on watching him from a far.

"Temari, I would like to make things easy for Naruto so may I ask you work with Yui, please?"

Yui was a small, quiet girl. More quiet than me if that were even possible.

My lab partner almost opened her mouth to argue but Asuma-sensei shot her a look; his smile never leaving his face.

Temari sighed before gathering her stuff. She quickly whispered in my ear, "Tell me how it goes. If that jerk picks on you, I'll pummel him to a pult."

"I - I'll let you know," I nodded.

Naruto didn't move into the seat next to me until Temari sat down. She glared at him his whole way here.

Asuma-sensei was finally able to start the lesson. I tried focusing but how could I? A god was literally an elbow away from me. As I tried taking notes on cell division, I caught Sasuke stealing looks at me and Naruto. The new kid remained oblivious to everything as he found what was outside the window more entertaining.

"Hinata?" Asuma-sensei called.

I blinked at him, "Y-yes?"

"What happens cytokinesis?"

Again putting me on the spotlight. Why is he doing this?

"I - it's the process of cytoplasm d-dividing," I replied quite easily.

Asuma-sensei nodded then returned to the lesson.

I felt my cheeks burning up again. Out of the corner of my eye, Temari gave me a thumbs up behind her back. I smiled, appreciating her praise.

My eyes quickly flashed in Naruto's direction. His ocean eyes were just watching me with slight interest.

I don't know what got over me. Maybe I got possessed! Yeah! That's right because turning my head and meeting his eyes with my own was such a dare.

I'm such a daredevil.

Naruto's eyes scanned my own pale ones with surprise; especially since he wasn't expecting me to actually look. They never softened and instead he gave me a smirk and returned to his bird gazing outside the window.

Well, isn't he lovely.

---------

"This i-is the library," I pointed out. "You can t-take naps here during o-off periods but in the b-back, just in c - case you snore."

Naruto only nodded briefly, signalling the tour should just continue. It's not like he was going to visit this place anyway.

He hasn't said a single word to me at all. I wasn't surprised though. A bad boy like him has a lot better things to do then to talk to some nerd who can't even complete a sentence without shuttering.

I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear and continued walking, Naruto in tow. Almost every passing girl was admiring him (greeting me in the process). It was lunchtime so some students were just wondering about. Others either in their own dorms or the cafeteria.

"Bookworm!" I have never been so glad to hear his voice.

I turned around. Naruto looked at me confused before also glancing over his shoulder. How could such a simple gesture make my heart pound harder?