Chapter 19

1-week time skip

We were walking through the underground kingdom for almost an hour in a straight line. Eric in the front, me in the middle, and finally, Vanessa in the very back.

"Are we almost there?" Vanessa questions "Actually we're here." Eric whispers as we finally approached a left turn in the underground hallway. We then quickly flatten ourselves against the left side of the earthy wall while Eric takes a slight peek from the corner. "How many?" I whispered/ asked him "About at least 85 earth goblin soldiers from my perspective." he confirmed while turning to me.

"8-85?!" Vanessa said while slightly paling "Yeah, it looks like the closer we get to the underground castle where the earth goblin is, the tighter the security becomes."  Eric said as he looks back at the goblins who were guarding the area.

What the Earth Goblins look like

"Well, it does make sense that there will be a lot more guards protecting their king since we have been slowly ambushing them all week

"Well, it does make sense that there will be a lot more guards protecting their king since we have been slowly ambushing them all week." I said and softly sighed.

"True." Vanessa sadly agreed with me "Alright, Angelica when I count to three I want you to summon your Twine Forest blades and trap them with a vine spell. Vanessa, when all of the goblin guards are traped, I want you to do a combined spell attack with me since we have the same element. Did you two got all of that?" Eric asks, turning to us.

We both nodded in agreement and got ready for the signal. Eric once again peeked over the corner and raised one finger 'one'. Both me and Vanessa got into a fighting stance. He then raised two fingers 'two' at the same, I summoned my Twin Forest blades. Finally, Eric raised three fingers and brought them down 'three'.

Almost as soon as he did that, I brought both of my daggers to the ground and whispered "A vines thorn, avalanche." Suddenly, the ground began to shake very violently as 85 forest green vines with thorns as sharp as a needle, came up from the ground and grabbed all of the surprised goblins, and started to squeeze them all to death.

"Vanessa, now!" Eric shouted while coming out from the corner "Right!" she shouted and stood right next to her brother "COMBINE ATTACK, FIRE OF FURY!" they both shouted as a huge wave of fire came from the tips of their blades, burning the remaining goblins that are somehow still breathing.

Time Skip

"After all this time I finally got some earth goblin essence." I said with relief as I hold an earth goblin tooth. "It's been almost a week since we have fought them. How in the world did you not get earth goblin essence until now?" Vanessa asked me, slightly confused.

"Because, unlike the other times we have fought them, there was a goblin that was barely alive and I just had enough time to get this tooth out of his damn mouth before he ended up dying on me." I said to her in slight irritation.

She chuckled sheepishly while awkwardly rubbing the back of her head. "Sorry about that." she said. I sighed in distress and had my dagger absorbed the goblin tooth. Just then my dagger started glowing and transformed into its newfound form. When the light finally died down, my dagger had a long, sharp, iron blade, with a silver, thin bolster that had an earth symbol at the middle, and a leather brown handle.

 When the light finally died down, my dagger had a long, sharp, iron blade, with a silver, thin bolster that had an earth symbol at the middle, and a leather brown handle

"Huh," I said as I examine my new dagger, I then saw the title and it said 'Goblin hunter'. I then turned my dagger back into its original form before I ran to catch up with Eric and Vanessa

"Hey, Angelica." Vanessa said walking towards me "Yeah?" I asked, "Well, you see I was wondering that if the heroes are going to come here at all since it's been about a week since you sent a message to them, but neither of them responded nor have actually come here to help us." Vanessa said rather sadly.

We were in front of the same rundown house that Eric has shown us, almost a week ago. Before I finally sighed and stopped right in front of the door "At this point, I highly doubt that they're coming and I swear to god if they're all behind this door right now, I'LL FUCKING KILL THEM!" I yelled angrily before opening the door. "Yo Angelica, long time no seeing." Naofumi casually greeted as the rest of the three hero's stop their conversation and turn towards me.