Chapter 15

We were riding on a  Travel Carriage (above chapter) up on the mountain towards the village that Vanessa grew up in.

"So tell me why we're going to your village again?" I ask Vanessa while keeping my eyes on the rocky road (since I'm the one driving).

Vanessa sighed and then decided to speak "Well you see, my village is known for their medical herbs and medicines so it makes enough money to feed everyone and give them shelter, however one day, one of the villager's wanted to have a garden full of different medical herbs of their own so they ended up planting them over an earthy meadow just right outside the village. However, it wasn't until recently that they soon found out they planted them over Earth Goblin territory and when they realized that it was already too late. The Earth Goblin King was furious and plac a cures on my village's earth, so whenever they try to plant something, the seeds will either die or turn into monsters that will soon serve the Earth Goblin King." Vanessa said clearly upset.

"Wow." I said sadly "It sounds like your village is barely hanging on to life and will eventually crumble to the ground." realizing what I have just said I tried to fix it "Er...I mean, don't worry about it, you're bringing one of the most famous hero's of legend to your village. Have a little faith in me and I'm sure together we'll stop the Earth Goblin king from completely destroying your village." I said and gave her a sideways confident grin.

Vanessa smiled back at me "Thanks Angelica I really needed that and just this once I'll forgive you for doubting my village's survival." I sweatdrop and nervously chuckled then turned my attention back on the road.

Time skip

We soon interred a small rundown village that Vanessa called her home.

Everywhere you look there will be broken houses or houses that look like they're going to fall any second now. The road was ashy and black with ruble in all shapes and sizes, with a  broken fountain in the middle of town and yellow paint is peeling off of it. Finally, the people on the road looked hungry and miserable, covered head to toe with dirt, ash, and sweat.

"This is worse than I thought." Vanessa whispers while looking at the scene in front of them "You can say that again." I replied horrified and sadden from the state the village was in.

"Vanessa?" a male voice said "Huh?" Vanessa turned around towards the voice that said her name. "Holy shit it is you!" the male voice cried. I turned around to see a male version of Vanessa.

He has messy dark grey hair with a lot more white at the tips of his hair, tan skin, a mix of lavender and dark blue eyes, and he was five inches taller than Vanessa.

This is what he is wearing (I'm also terrible when it comes to describing armor.)

"Brother?!" Vanessa said in surprise " The one and only

"Brother?!" Vanessa said in surprise " The one and only." Vanessa's brother said with a smirk while opening his arms for a hug.

Vanessa gladly ran into her brother's hug and he chuckled with amusement "So who's your friend over here?" he asked looking at me "Right I forgot, this is my dear friend Angelica, Angelica this here is my twin brother Eric." Vanessa said, introducing me to her brother "It's a pleasure to meet you, Eric." I said and extended my hand towards him "The pleasure is all mine." Eric said and shook my hand.