Chapter 18

"Y-you've got to be kidding me." Vanessa said and paled when she realized the risk we've got to take if we ever wanted to save this fallen village. Eric sighed and closed his eyes and had his back face us once more " I wish I was, but I'm not. If you ever hope to lift this village from this nightmare you will have to face the Goblin King and the wrath of his army."

"I guess we have no choice then but to face the king and his army." I said and sighed in distress, seeing there was no other way to avoid this problem. " WHAT?!?!"  screamed Vanessa in shock, surprise, and worry. "We can't do this with just the three of us, it's practically suicide! Not only that, but our levels are currently not high enough to face so many monsters at once! Once we face them we'll get killed on the spot!" Vanessa practically yelled in my ear.

"Oowww, my ear." I whimpered and shielded my ear with my left hand so it doesn't become deaf from Vanessa's constant yelling. "Good, I hope it hurts so it will at least bring some sense back to your head." Vanessa huffed, she then crossed her arms and gave me the evil eye.

I sighed in destressed and lowered my hands from my ear "Vanessa if we don't lift the curse soon then the people who live here are going to die." I said and glared at her "We have a chance to save all of them and just because we're outnumbered or our levels aren't 'high enough' you expect me to just leave them here to rot?!" I practically yelled at her. Vanessa stared at me speechless as if this is the first time I have ever yelled at her.

"Look I know you're just saying that to protect me or to make sure we don't die an early death, but there's a chance to save hundreds of peoples life's and I'm going to take it." I said and confidently looked at her. Vanessa studied me for a bit but then sighed in defeat " Fine but don't blame me if we don't make it out of here alive." I smiled happily at her, glad that she finally agreed to this suicided mission "Don't worry I don't plan on blaming you because I don't plan on dying anytime soon." I told her helpfully.

"Not only that what made you think that I was stupid enough to think that we can survive battling an army of goblins and a few overpowered plant monsters by ourselves." I asked her with a deadpan look.

"Well..." She said and sheepishly looked away "Gee, thanks for the vote of confidence." I said sarcastically "Anyway, my original plan was to send a message to the rest of the hero's and let them know what's going on over here. Hopefully, they'll accept my message and come here as fast as possible, but we can't guaranty that they will all come here, so we'll have to make do with all the hero's that do." I said and turned to Eric. "Eric I want you to give me a pencil and  four-pieces of clean paper, four envelopes, and four of your village's fastest messaging birds immediately." I said "Right!" he said and exited the house to find the items I'm looking for.

"Angelica, I admire everything you are doing so far and I'm really grateful that you're doing everything you can to help revive my village....." Vanessa said, but hesitated for a sec "But..." I offered her as I turned around to face her "But are you sure that the heroes will come here to help you? Especially after the incidence from the Main Capitol." Vanessa asked me with a face full of worry.

I hesitated for a second and thought about how I should answer her question "No like I said theirs's no guaranty that they will help me or the village. I mean maybe Naofumi, but the rest I'm not so sure." I admitted and avoided eye contact with her, so I wouldn't see her crushed face. "However despite that fact, I'll do everything in my power to raise this village from the dead, that's a promise Vanessa, hero or not your my friend and I absolutely refuse to let my friend's home crumble right in front of her." I said confidently and looked at her with determination.

It was then I realize that Vanessa was crying, but not out of sadness, but out of newfound hope and happiness. " Your such a great friend." she wailed and I can't help but sweatdrop a little from her childish behavior.

"I'm here!" Eric suddenly shouted and scared the crape out of me "Holey shit Eric, you almost gave me a heart attack." I said and tried to calm my racing heart. "Hehe, sorry about that." He said and sheepishly smiled "It's fine." I sighed and then notice he was carrying all the items I asked for. "I see you have everything I need." I said and grabbed the envelopes, papers, and pencil. "Now all I need is something for me to right on." I said and looked around at the destroyed house.

"That wouldn't be a problem at all." he said, he then walked towards the dining table and picked up on of the still in contact chairs, and placed it in front of the only space on the table. "That could work." I commented, sat down, and began writing my letters.

Dear Naofumi,

Hey, It's been a while since I have last seen and spoke to you, how have you been doing?

Anyway, enough with the chit chat, I'm writing to you because there is a huge problem I need help fixing right now and I know I can't do it by myself.

I'll cut through the chase, basically, Vanessa's village has been overrun by Earth Goblins and their King. Not only that, but the Goblin king thought it would be a good idea to curse their soil so they can never grow their crops again and the only way to fix the village and their crops is to kill the Goblin King. Which by the way has the support of not only his goblin army but three really powerful plant monsters. So I'll be internally grateful to you if you help me deal with this madness.

Sincerely your friend,

Angelica

P.S  I almost forgot, Vanessa's village is called XXXXXXXXXX. I hope to see you soon and if not, well it was nice knowing you Naofumi.