Chapter 3

"AM I SERIOUSLY THE ONLY GIRL HERE!?" I yelled in surprise.

Everyone looked at me as if they just realized my existence.

"It seems that you are." the king said with a raised eyebrow. "In fact, I think your the only hero that is in fact a girl." the king said with a hint of surprise.

"The only....girl." I then sat down on the floor and hug my knees and rested my forehead on my knees as a depressing aura took hold of me.

"H-hey now it's not that bad." the guy with the shield said. "How exactly is it not bad, for I am the first female hero to ever come here?" I ask with slight irritation in my voice as I look at him.

He then sweats drop from my response, then bends down to my level and looked at me in the eye with a gentle smile. "It's not that bad because you could prove to everyone why the weapon chose you and not a boy." he said.

He then stood up and offer his hand to me. I gave him a grateful smile and accepted his hand and stood up.

"Thanks, um..." I started when I realized that I never caught his name. "Naofumi, Naofumi Iwatani." he said and extending his hand for a shake. I grabbed his hand and shook "Thanks Naofumi." I said with a grateful smile "No problem." he said with a grin.

"Now then, let me explain why you are here." the king said, not bothering with Naofumi's introduction.

Naofumi bowed his head with a small depressed look on his face and muttered "He didn't even ask me to introduce myself."

"There, there." I said while patting him on the back in a terrible attempt to comfort him. He gave me a small smile and stood up straight to listen to what the king has to say.

The king then began to explain to us why we were here. He said that we were teleported to this world to stop a threat known as the Waves of Calmity. The Waves of Calmaity were inter-dimensional portals that opened in the sky and out come monsters. The portals would open up periodically dropping new monsters each time.

We were also known as the Five Hero's. Each of us were chosen to wield one of the Five Legendary weapons and use them to fight the monsters and make sure the waves would stop for good.

I raised my hand for I have a question that has been bothering me. "Yes, Dagger Hero you have a question?" the king asks turning to me.

I blink in surprise when I heard him called me the Dagger Hero 'I guess I'm the Dagger Hero then.' I thought.