Chapter 8

"So...what do you think?" I ask Vanessa as I got out of the changing room. Vanessa gave me a smile and as she looked at the armor I was wearing "You look amazing!" she said

She then turns to Mr. Mat and took out my bag of jewels. "Alright, how much is for the armor?" Vanessa asks "The armor is I believe is at least 222 silver coins." Mr. Mat said.

"Is there any chance you could give us a hero's discount?" Vanessa ask. "Is your  friend a hero of some sort?" Mr.Mat asks. Vanessa nodded and pointed at the dagger that was strapped to my right thigh. "She's actually the dagger hero," she said. Mr. Mat looked at me in surprise then look back at Vanessa and nodded "I believe you owe me 197 silver coins then for the armor." Mr. Mat said, leaning against his desk. "And the buyback price?" she asks taking out the right amount of silver coins. "I believe it's about 150 silver coins," he said thinking for a moment.

"The buyback price?" I ask as I approach her "Yeah when you grow strong enough you won't need this armor anymore and you'd want to make sure you don't get ripped off when you want to sell it back." she said while giving Mr. Mat the coins we owe him. "Makes sense," I said.

"What do you want to do next Angelica?" Vanessa asks as we exit the shop. "How about we go fight some monsters," I said with my fists in the air. "Alright let's go!" she said and started leading me where the monsters are.

Time Skip

I soon found myself in a meadow full of grass and a few trees with the rest of my party behind me. Watching me as I fight a few orange balloons (which is definitely not creepy ) which was mostly slashing, stabbing, and/or dogging.

I then saw Ren shooting the orange balloons with his bow while his team (creepily ) watch's him. We then made eye contact and I waved at him and he waves back at me before he returns to shooting at the orange balloons.

By the time I finally reached to level 1 and have my dagger absorbed the orange balloon's remains, the sun was already sinking making the sky orange, pink, and dark blue with a few stars peeking out of the sky.

When I turn to tell my party that we're done for the day, I saw only Vanessa who was sitting on the grass waiting for me to finish. "Hey where did everyone went off to and why are you the only one here?" I ask as I walk towards her. "Well, it was getting late and everyone else was getting bored and tired of waiting for you to finish and they didn't want to disturb you so they have me stay behind to tell you why they're not here." Vanessa said looking bored and tired herself.

"Those jackasses I swear when I see them again I'll kill them on the spot." I said with irritation in my voice. "Anyway, before you go murdering people we still have to find an IIn to stay in and I know the perfect place." Vanessa said and stood up and started walking to the our destination.

When we entered the IIn she was talking about, I saw Naofumi eating and talking to the person that agreed to join his party.

"Hey, Vanessa do you mind getting us a table while I go catch up with a friend?" I ask her. She shook her head "Sure, go talk to your friend." she said with a small smile. "Thank you, Vanessa." I said with a wide grateful smile "No problem." she said and went off to find a table for two.

"Naofumi!" I called as I approach him "Hey Angelica what are you doing here?" he asks with a smile on his face. "Well, one of the people in my party actually brought me here to stay for the night, her name is Vanessa by the way and I know you'll love her." I said with a huge grin on my face.

"Maybe another time, I'm actually going to call it a night right now." Naofumi said about to get up, but I forced him to sit back down. "Oh, no you don't, if you go to bed now you'll miss all the fun and the party here."I said with a mischievous grin on my face. Naofumi looks at me with a confused look on his face "What party? there's no party here." he said. "Not yet." I said and walked away with a smirk before he ended up questioning me.