Chapter 7

"Bye Naofumi and best of luck on your recruiting! " I yelled while waving, as me and the other three heroes were about to leave to slay some monsters.

"I know we're not supposed to help each other but either way I wish you the best of luck when recruiting other people," Itsuki said with a smile.

"Take care of her for me okay Naofumi?" Motoyasu said with a grin on his face.

"Until next time Naofumi," Ren said, and just like that, we started to walk out towards the castle gate.

"Um...bye," Naofumi said unsure how to respond to us.

I gave him a quick wave and a smile before exiting the castle gate. Waiting outside the castle was the long-range mage I met at my party "Ms. Angelica I've been waiting for you." she said. She has light grey hair with a bit of white on the tips that was on a pixie cut, bangs that rest just above her lavender eyes, and slightly tan skin.

She also wore a royal blue, one-piece, bodysuit, a small silver chest plate, black knee, and elbow pads, knee-length, black, running boots, and black fingerless gloves, with a silver spear strap on her back.

" Were you waiting long?" I ask her as I started to walk towards her. She shook her head "Not at all, now let's get you some armor. Unless you're okay wearing your usual clothes when fighting a monster?" she asks looking at my clothes.

"Getting some armor will be better," I said as I stand in front of her.

She nodded in agreement " Well then I know the perfect shop that sells good armor at a fair price." she said and turned around to start walking towards the village. "Just follow me," she said and started walking.

"Wait!" I said and walked towards her until I was right next to her. " What is it Ms. Angelica?" she asks looking at me. "Well, I was wondering if you could tell me your name and drop the ' Ms.' it makes me feel old," I said looking at her.

She was quiet for a minute until she finally responded "Vanessa, my name is Vanessa." she said and smiled at me. I extended my hand for a shake "Nice to meet you, Vanessa." I said with a huge grin on my face. "It's nice to meet you to Angelica."  she said with a close eye smile and shook my hand.

We then proceed to walk towards the village to get my new armor. 

Time Skip

I followed her to a shop that was called  "Mat's Armory " as we enter the shop the first thing I noticed was that there were armor both big and small and were meant for both men and women.

"Excuse me, Mr. Mat?" Vanessa said as she walked towards the man sitting behind the desk.

The man name Mate looked like a man in his early 30's, He had short dark blue hair, and dark golden eyes, he also wore a tan brown t-shirt that showed his slightly tan muscular arms, black pants, and a dirty white apron.

"Ah..Ms. Vanessa what may I help you with this time." Mr. Mate asks her. "Well you see my friend here needs some armor and our budget is at least...248 silver do you have any armor that costs at least this much?" Vanessa asks as she holds my pouch of coins.

"Let me see...I do believe I have such an armor," he said as he got some clothes from the back. "Here try this on." he said.

I grabbed the armor he gave me and went behind the curtain to change. When I was done, I looked at myself in the mirror and I've got to admit it I looked badass.

 When I was done, I looked at myself in the mirror and I've got to admit it I looked badass

"I freaking love it." I said with a huge smile as I can't help but admire how it looks on me "Common Angelica, I want to see your armor already." I heard Vanessa said impatiently. I gave out lightly chuckled "Alright, alright I'm coming out now." I told her and opened the curtain.