twenty nine;

"I like you- No, I love you. I love you, Jeno."

Jeno stood, frozen in his spot while staring at the small man in front of him who gave him a warm anticipating smile. Renjun just confessed to him and he wasn't sure what to respond.

Jeno did have a crush on him, but that was before. Now, he doesn't really feel anything towards Renjun anymore other than being old friends. But seeing the innocent smile plastered on his face broke Jeno to pieces.

If he says 'but I don't love you', Renjun will probably burst out crying and will ignore him forever afterwards. But he doesn't want to lie too. Jeno likes someone else now, not to mention he just realized that now.

About a few seconds already passed and Renjun became impatient so he answered his own question instead.

"You like Jaemin, don't you?"

Jeno tensed up as he slowly shifted his eyes towards the tiny man with pursed lips. Renjun sadly smiled and stared off the ground, "So you do."

Renjun knew ever since he first saw the two of them together. He saw the way Jeno looks at Jaemin, he also saw the way Jaemin glare at him just to threaten him. Renjun wanted to tell Jeno how he feels so bad, but I guess it's too late now.

"Right... so I'm too late." He added.

"Renjun..." Jeno mumbled out in guilt. Renjun hid his emotions through a grin, but Jeno could see through it clearly. He was obviously not happy.

"Congrats to the both of you, then. You two would make a great couple." He stated sweetly.

Jeno saw Renjun's eyes looking so slippery. He wanted to cry so bad but that smile is keeping him from letting it all out.

Jeno sighed and carefully made way towards the small boy. Renjun was startled when the younger embraced him in a hug. It's been a long time since he felt that so he took the opportunity to hug him back.

"Thank you." Jeno muttered softly.

They were too focused on themselves that they didn't notice someone run away from the area.

Renjun began whimpering as he tightened his hold of the younger male. He burried his head under Jeno's neck and cried.

▼△▼△▼△▼△

The awardings began but Jeno found no sign of the snow haired male. He wandered around the whole school and even asked a few people but unfortunately, he found nothing.

He figured Jaemin must've left already without knowing about the awardings. So for the sake of Jaemin, he left the school and headed straight to the house causing him to be late for the award ceremony.

As he got inside, he went to the room and found his best friend all curled up in bed, using the blanket to hide himself.

Jeno sighed in relief and sat on the edge of the bed with has hand on the mountain-like blanket, "Nana, we'll miss the award ceremony. We have to go."

The younger male responded with a groan along with a shake of his shoulders to get Jeno's hand away from him. Jeno did let go of him so he crossed his arms instead.

"Jaemin, what is your problem?" He questioned with a frown.

Jaemin replied briskly but still in his burrito position, "Your relationship with Renjun! I saw you two earlier.... You were hugging him... now you're together with him...."

That had Jeno taken aback. So he saw everything? Why didn't he notice him?

"Me and Renjun? You saw?" He asked even though it was already obvious. This time, silence took over the room. Jeno sighed.