twenty four;

"Ah, the Academic School Games. Just how tiring that sounds." Haechan threw away his book and smashed his head on the table carelessly.

Yes, the ASG is near and thanks to them being smart, they all became contestants.

Haechan was chosen to be in the radio broadcasting team along with Jungwoo, YangYang, and Sungchan. He's been with his teammates for a while so he didn't get any more time with Mark.

Mark's up for the spelling bee 'cause he's Canadian and all and can speak Korean fluently. He also pronounces words clearly, he just says whatever that is pretty confusing but spelling should be easy for him.

Jisung and Chenle are partners for the tech and machinery one where they build robots successfully. They can pull it off, they even made one using only a broom and a bunch of sticks and other cleaning objects to make themselves a house cleaner.

Jaemin's on baking/cooking and food decorating while Jeno's on photo journaling. Jeno was supposed to be in the weightlifting team for the sports category but Lucas already stole that slot.

So, here they are, studying with books in front of them except for Jeno who held a camera.

"Hippopotamus... Onomatopoeia... Hendery? Why is 'Hendery' here?" Mark said aloud while reading his book.

"Because it's always Hendry. It's a word that's difficult to spell too I guess." Chenle answered warily.

Mark just raised an eyebrow before moving on. They've been quiet, well, not until someone made a noise.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"We're simply here to see if our oponents are qualified enough to compete against us. Besides, it's not like it's wrong to come here."

"Well, it is wrong! You're basically trespassing!"

"Oh really? We got permission. This school is strict, I see, but not educated nor convenient enough. Pathetic."

"You whore!"

All of them eventually took their eyes off their books and looked to where the noise was coming from. In front of the cafeteria doors stood a bunch of students from another school.

Unlike them who wear random clothes, those students wore dark red uniforms and some fancy gold palettes attached. They looked pretty prideful, especially that one in the middle.

"Why are pests like you here?"

"You dare call us pests? Well, you are maggots. You're supposed to be one of the seniors, shouldn't you act more... mature?"

Xiumin clenched his fists but was stopped by his colleague, Sehun. "Don't. You'll only worsen the situation."

Xiumin calmed down and backed away a bit for he knew Sehun will take care of the fuss.

Sehun walked up to them and crossed his arms. His strong aura still not effective to the newcomers.

"What do you want, Felix?" Sehun asked with a stoic expression. The said man smirked and responded, "Didn't I tell you already? We're here just to see if you and your mates are ready to be up against us. From what I can see, I don't think so."

Sehun sighed, "You're probably blind." Felix furrowed his blows at the comment before the older man continued, "Our school doesn't allow outsiders as of now. I know you're only here to cause trouble. So if someone's ass gets beaten up, we don't want that news to reach your high school now, can we?"

Felix clenched his jaw as everyone in the cafeteria began to 'oooo' their pretty senior.

While they were having a momentum, Jeno observed the other students who were standing behind the guy named Felix. He thought his name was familiar so he checked them out.

There were good looking guys and a few girls who looked a bit older. He was pretty chill staring at them not until his eyes landed on a familiar pair of small shoulders.

Jeno's eyes widened. Is whatever he is looking at real?

Renjun. There he was standing quietly behind his schoolmates with his arms crossed just like how he does from back then.

He's never changed.

Jaemin glanced at Jeno and caught him staring at someone. Due to his curiosity, he looked to where Jeno was looking at only to see a small yet strict looking guy from one of the opposing students.

He looked back at Jeno and could see the hearts in the older's eyes. Why? Who was that?

Wait... That's Renjun?

He thought to himself before looking again at the small boy. He wasn't sure if it was Renjun whom Jeno had a crush on but judging by how he stared at him made Jaemin think so.

If that's Renjun then... will Jeno go back to him?

Jaemin felt his heart drop at the thought. What if that happens soon? What if Renjun likes him too?

He looked back at Jeno with hurtful eyes. He could already feel Jeno slip away from his touch. Jeno may be standing near him but was still out of reach. It's as if Jaemin could never reach him like the stars in the sky because Jeno's always up there chasing for someone else.

"Fine. Get ready, the coming competition won't be easy. Let's go." Felix and his schoolmates left the school shamelessly. They were pretty high and their standards are something they always boast about.

Sehun watched them leave before heading back to his classroom. The students went back to their own businesses and Jaemin and the gang went back to studying.

"Man, they sure like underestimating us, huh? Those whores." Haechan spat.

"They've been like that all the time. I just don't get why." Jisung scratched his head while trying his best into reading his book.

"Because they think of us as a strong enemy." Mark answered.

"Damn right. We are strong and we'll be stronger in the games. I just wish practicing doesn't include studying 'cause it's so exhausting." Haechan said.

Jeno and Jaemin weren't paying attention until Chenle mentioned a certain name.

"I think I saw Renjun with those dudes."

Jeno tried his hardest not to care while Jaemin was biting his lower lips while quietly being hurt. He doesn't want to talk about that topic, he just don't like it.

He doesn't know Renjun but he knew Jeno's still into him. Jaemin wanted to change that.

"That's because he transferred there, remember?" Jisung replied.

Moments after, they stared at Jeno silently. They weren't sure if Jeno still had feelings for Renjun since Jeno was so madly in love with him. But if he has, then they'll support him, excluding Jaemin.

When Jeno looked up from his camera, they quickly pretended reading on their own. Jeno then went back to his camera screen and ignored the glances he was getting.

With Renjun competing in the academic games, things are not going to be easy.