sixteen;

"you are such a disappointment! this is why i never should've gave you the company in the first place!"

jaehyun kept his tears from falling and urged himself to not punch his old man in the face.

he had a small problem and it had something to do with one of his successful idols who wanted to file a lawsuit against his company. fans even started spreading the rumors that his entertainment company was mistreating them.

unfortunately, his own father heard about it and now, he's scolding his own son for ruining his pride. what a jerk.

"you are a disgrace to this family! is there anything you don't mess up at all? let me tell you again boy, STOP SLACKING OFF-"

he was just about to hit jaehyun with his crane but then suddenly, someone caught it and threw it away. jaehyun looked up, startled to see taeyong standing heroically in front of him while facing his hell of a father.

the old man was shocked as well, not because of how he threw away his crane, but because how punch-able taeyong's face was because he had the urge of walking up to him just to embarass him in front of the rest of his employees.

he hurriedly covered his expression with an angry one. "who are you and how dare y-"

"before you insult me, sir, act like a true father first. can't you see you're hurting your son who's trying his best to satisfy your greedy ass?!"

jaehyun watched taeyong send daggers towards his own father and he couldn't help but smile. how he wished to say those words by himself and stab his father from the back by quitting this shitty job.

mr. jung was taken aback and his face returned to the same one that screamed 'what did he just say?'. he stepped back but fought again, deciding to do that cliche slap but he failed.

taeyong was fast to catch his arm and held it tight to keep the old man from moving it. mr. jung clenched his jaw by the defense, "you're a bastard!"

"and you're a coward for not acting like a father." taeyong spat before letting go of the old man's arm and hoisted jaehyun up from the floor.

without even looking back to the overwhelmed oldie, he dragged his boss away from the office and continued walking towards who knows where.

jaehyun was astonished at the scene he had just witnessed. the person he was being dragged by had a lower rank than him yet had enough confidence to stand up against his own father and spit out words that has been kept inside his closed mouth.

he stared at the older male's back with sparkly eyes, his body beginning to tense up by the psychical contact between their hands. how come he's never met taeyong before?

"taeyong, we'll stop here." he said as soon as they got inside an elevator.

taeyong looked at him with a very different expression from earlier. his gaze was filled with worry and concern that made jaehyun want to hug him as his thanks but he refrained himself from doing so.

"are you okay?" taeyong asked worriedly while facing the other male, their hands still interlocked.

"i'm fine." jaehyun responded with a smile. taeyong slowly smiled back and it went on like that for a few moments.

when taeyong finally realized they were holding hands, he let go and awkwardly played with his fingers from the back. jaehyun was a little disappointed he let go but he knew he had no power to force him so he let the older be.

taeyong cleared his throat and stared down at the floor. "thank you." jaehyun said, grabbing the older's attention once again.

"thank you for what you did back there. honestly, you were so amazing. even i couldn't do those things to him." he added.