Chapter 27:

Kaine

"Kaidy hurry the hell up, I wanna meet you already." I said poking Shelly's stomach. Watching my baby girl's foot poke out every time I did that.

Shelly slapped my hands away. "Kaleb leave her the fuck alone damn. Everytime I try to sleep you wake her and it already feels like she's in my fuckin ribs."

"Well when I wanna sleep you're up and when you wanna sleep I'm up. And when I'm up I wanna watch my baby girl kick so get the fuck over it." She rolled my eyes. "They're checking you right and doing another ultrasound?"

"Mhmm. We're at 38 weeks and I'm ready for her ass to come out because I'm so uncomfortable."

She hissed rubbing the bottom of my stomach.

"What? What? She ready?" Kaleb exclaimed all hype eyes all big. She stared at me with a straight face. "What?" I asked.

She  sighed as the pain disappeared.

We looked towards the door as Kjayy walked through the door. "Aye, Kaine let me talk to you."

"What?" Shelly asked.

I tried to read his face, but he showed nothing. I scrunched up my face, but got up to follow him.

"What?" Shelly asked again when he didn't answer me. "Is it about Nico? Is something wrong?" She was beginning to panic and the pressure in her stomach only worsened.

"Calm down sis. Nico is coo. This isn't about him. I just wanna talk to Kaine really quick." She nodded even tho I'm sure he didn't ease her worries any.

"Is Nel working?" She asks. He nods. "Can you send her in please?" He nods once again before leaving.

"What the fuck is going on?" I ask as we walk through the hallway.

"Chanel." He called ignoring me. "Shellz need yall."

She nodded. "We're going to check on her now."

"Yo come find me asap if anything is going on." I said stopping Nel. I'll be damned if I miss any part of my baby girl coming into this world.

"I gotchu." She smiled nudging my arm before walking pass me.

"What's up?" I ask once again as me and Kjayy enter the elevator.

"Nico's awake."

*

Shelly

"So I'm guessing your water broke while using the bathroom and you didn't know it?" Austin asks as my doctor examined me.

I shrug scrunching up my face. "I don't know. I pee so damn much I don't even pay attention when I go to the toilet anymore."

"Where's Kaleb?" I ask whining watching my mom walk into the room.

"Is my grandbaby ready?" She asks trying to look under the sheet along side the doctor.

"Mom!" I exclaimed.

"What? I birthed you!" I rolled my eyes.

"You're seven centimeters dilated," The doctor said removing her gloves then washing her hands. "I would give it an hour or two before your baby gets here."

"Is it okay for me to be that far dilated without much pain?" I was having pain, but it was bearable. I expected so much worse.

"Your contractions on the screen show worse than you're feeling obviously, it's fine. Better take advantage of the minor pain now because when it comes time to push her out you might not feel the same. Are you going to be getting a epidural?"

I shook my head. "I wanna see if I can do this without it."

*

Kaine

"My fuckin nigga." I said dapping up Nico. I chuckled as he had a goofy ass smile on his face and his eyes were half closed. "They got you doped the fuck up."

"Man, yeah. I wanna see Shellz, but these mothafuckas won't let me get up for a couple more hours." His head drifted. "Don't tell her I wanna surprise her."

I nodded. "I've been hearing yall. Brat mainly. Been out for weeks, huh?"

I rubbed the back of my neck. "Unfortunately."

He nodded. "I rather it had been me than Shelly." He mumbled before drifting to sleep.

I sat there for probably an hour just lost in thought.

I looked towards the door as Nel came in. "Might wanna bring your ass. Shelly's snapping. You're about to be a daddy."

Her saying that made me nervous, this shit was real. I was scared, but I was ready.

"Aye, come get me after baby brat gets here." Nico said as I stood up.

"I gotchu bro." I said before standing up and heading back to my ladies.

*

"I fuckin hate you Kaleb!" Shelly snaps after she was done with her first round of pushing. "And these bitches didn't even wanna give me an epidural."

"You said no and it was too late when you finally wanted one." Shelly's mom said earning a glare from her daughter.

She pushes some more then hits me. "Where the fuck were you!?"

"I was-" I had to stop myself remembering Nico said he wanted to surprise her. "I'm here now." I said as she begin pushing again.

"Almost there, just a couple more pushes." The doctor said and sure enough a couple pushes later my baby girl's cries filled the room.

"Awh she's your twin Nichelle." Moms said. I smiled big. She was. With a headful of curly hair.

I followed Nel as she cleaned her off. Shelly refused to have any other nurse.

"7lbs, 3oz." Nel said holding a now wrapped up now quiet Kaidy to me. I hesitated at first.

"Boy relax." She laughed placing her in my arms. "Just hold her head.. just like that. See you got it."

I had her, but now I was scared to move. "Boy, stop being fuckin scared and take her to her mommy. She's fine, you're fine. Swear Kaine."

I nodded moving slowly to the hospital bed where Shelly laid. "Awh, my chunkiers." She said takin her and kissing her.

I sighed in relief. Whew, I didn't drop her.

*

"Kaidy Jai King." Shelly whispered kissing her cheek as she feed her.

She asked me if I wanted to feed her, but shit she so tiny man.

"Baby brat here. So that's her name? I was wondering what you were gonna name her since you never told me." I looked towards the door as Nico was wheeled in by Nel.

Shelly just stared at him for awhile before busting into tears making Kaidy cry along with her.

I took Kaidy into my arms calming her down and finished feeding her.

"Oh shit, I'm sorry." She said, more like blabbered since she was still crying. "I'm just so happy you're awake, you're okay."

"You wasn't getting rid of a nigga that easily." He said winking at her.

"Asshole. I love you." She said wiping her eyes trying to calm down.

"I love you too cry baby. Now can I see my niece." Shelly nodded sniffing.

"Damn, I thought she was gonna look like Kaine, but she ya twin." He said.

"I'm back, give me my grandbaby." Shelly's mom said busting into the room not even waiting until I gave her Kaidy, she just took her.

"First time grandmas be like." I said.

Nico scuffed out a laugh. "She so damn extra."

"You ain't lying." Shelly said, but she had a smile on her face, a genuine smile, which made me smile.