Chapter 24:

Kaine

"What's up my brother?" I ask Kjayy as I answer the phone.

"What's up, I'm trying to get tatted today."

"Nigga do ya own tattoos." I said taking a sip of Shelly's apple juice.

"Stop Kaleb, damn." She said snatching it back rolling her eyes.

"I want my upper back tat finished dummy and you know I can't do that shit myself."

"Nigga I'll do it. I'll be up at the shop in a couple of hours." I said taking a big bite of Shelly's sandwich.

"Fuckin stop Kaleb!" She damn near shouted punching my arm.

"The fuck are you doing to sis?" Kjayy laughed.

"Her mean pregnant ass just don't wanna share no food with a nigga. Let me show you her and her food." I switched to facetime.

"What's up lil big sis?" Kjayy said. She looked up mad, but said hi. I chuckled. "Let me see my niece."

"Ard." I said moving around the island to where she sat then tried to lift up her shirt but she smacked my hand away.

"Kaine I am so close to slapping the shit outta you, just leave me the fuck alone." She snapped standing up and wobbling away.

Me and Kjayy busted out laughing.

"Sis crazy pregnant."

I nodded. "Real shit I get cussed out everyday. A month and a half left tho."

"I wanted yall to have a boy man, he was suppose to be named after his unc man."

"Her name is gonna start with a K and her middle name is gonna be Jai spelled J.a.i. You and Kaleb said your name for the middle name and that's all I got for ya homie." Shelly said coming up behind me.

"That's coo, that's coo. What's the K stand for?"

"Exactly because I didn't even know you had a fuckin name set." I said as she went and grabbed her juice and walked away rolling her eyes.

"We been talking about K names Kaleb. It's one of the ones you came up with." She shouted over her shoulder.

"The only name I picked out was Kaidy, that's it!?" I yell.

"Yeah!" She yells back.

"Oh yeah. That's her name Kaidy Jai King."

Kjayy nodded. "Coo, I like. K and Jay in there so that's coo with me. Now a nigga got four kids. Jaden, Jordan, Brei, and Kaidy. Oh and badass Lil Dom."

I scuffed. "Fuck outta here. Them my nephews and niece, I spoil them like they mine, but they badasses ain't mine. They mine, but they ain't mine. That make sense?"

"Good fuckin bye Kaine. I ain't fuckin with you."

*

"Nigga didn't you just get the fuck off the phone with her?" Kjayy asks as I call Shelly again.

"Shut the fuck up. That was an hour ago. I gotta check on her and my babygirl." He chuckled shaking his head.

"You need to be doing this tattoo." He said.

"You been doing tattoos since I got in this bitch, I've even been doing some even tho it's my day off. I would have came later if I would have known you was gonna have clients coming."

"Nigga shut up, I got one more for the day then you can do mine."

"Yes Kaleb?" Shelly asks as soon as she answered the phone.

"Fuck you say it like that for, you sick of a nigga or something, because it's too late to leave me. I'll have to kill you first." I chuckled as Kjayy busted out laughing next to me.

Shit, I was lowkey serious. Nah, let me stop.

"Get the fuck outta here with ya bullshit Kaleb." Shelly said through the phone.

"Fuckin dickhead." Kjayy said chuckling.

"Nah, what you doing tho?"

"With Nico he's my chauffeur today. Guess what I'm about to eat?" She said sounding all happy.

"What?" I ask.

"Crispy chicken ranch BLT from McDonald's and a sprite. It's about to be everything!" She shouted.

"Hype ass. Ain't gonna be too hype when that McDonald's got that ass running to the bathroom."

"Oh whatever." She sucked her teeth. "I miss you already tho."

"You miss me or my-"

"Both." She said quickly cuttin me off then laughed. "I put you on speaker so I could go through my bag."

"Yall nasty as fuck bruh." I heard Nico say.

"What's good big bro?" I said.

"Ain't shit. Aye Shellz you see that. Am I crazy or has that car been following us?"

I stood up quickly still listening.

"Boy you probably just crazy." Shelly said all nonchalant.

"I ain't fuckin crazy. It has been."

"Where y'all at?" I ask grabbing my keys.

"What's up?" Kjayy asks standing up grabbing his phone and keys too.

"Where are y'all at!?" I repeat louder this time.

"Um, um," Shelly mumbled now sounding panicked. "We just left the mall so we're not far away from ther- NICO LOOK!" She yelled before there was a loud crash sounded through the phone.

"Shelly! Shelly! Nico!" I called their names over and over with no response then the phone went dead. Fuck!

*

Shelly

"Nico!" I yelled as I tried to lift and look over to the other stretcher where he laid as they worked on him while rushing him into the ambulance.

"Ma'am you have to lay back. You are pregnant and you and your baby could be hurt." A paramedic said.

"I am fuckin fine." I snapped trying to ignore the fact that I was cramping and it was getting worse. "He's obviously not tho and I need to check on him! That's my brother!" I snapped.

"We are gonna take care of him, but you need to be taken care of too."

I sighed laying my head back as tears begin falling.

.....