Chapter 5: Nightmare of a Dream

A/N: This chapter is quite long... So just a heads up that there will be a lot going on. Just let me know if it gets kind of confusing. Enjoy! ~(comment&vote)~ ______________________

We pick up our bags and Manuel tells me to hold on for a moment at the waiting area. I'm not sure what he's doing but while I'm waiting I pull out my leather jacket and put it on. Manuel is back, "You ready?"

"Mhn Hmn." I tell him with a nod. He guides me to the exit. "Have you been here before?"

"Oh yes," he chuckles a bit. "My parents use to take me here when I was a child to visit my grandparents. But this is actually my first time coming here in almost 8 years since my grandparents passed. We just didn't have a reason to come here."

"Oh, I’m sorry about your grandparents." I felt a bit of guilt bringing up the his loss in a way.

"Haha there's no reason to be sorry. Life has to end some day or another."

 He opens the door for me. The cool breeze slams me in the face with the smell of rain and a hint of cigarettes. I step out onto the moist sidewalk I turn to my left watching Manuel shout out, "Taxi!" Not too long after a small black car pulls up. Manuel grabs the bag from my hand and places it in the trunk along with his; then opening the door for me. "Thank you." I tell him before sitting on the grey seats. He closes the door and comes in through the opposite side handing the driver colorful pieces of paper; each with a woman on them and small gold circles in the bottom left corner. "Is that money?"

"Yup." He says putting the rest in his pocket. 

"Where to?" The driver asks. Hearing that British accent reminds me of the boys. I shake my head a bit to block out the image. "Ardent please." The driver nods his head and begins to drive.

"Ardent?" I say to Manuel.

"Its one of the nicest places you could stay for a trip. The hotel's got everything; swimming pools, all you can eat buffets, golf courts, almost like a resort." I smile and say "Ohh."

  About 20 minutes pass of me gazing out the window admiring the sights; bridges above small streams, people walking swiftly to their destinations, the architecture, not to mention their flag is everywhere. The car stops in front of a wide building with about 5 stories, each level looked to be all glass. "Come on." Manuel says in an eager tone. He opens the door and grabs my hand; pulling me up the stairs surrounded by a fountain. "Haha calm down Manuel." I giggle, and then remove my hand from his as we step inside the revolving doors. The building was beautiful and luxurious inside. I took in the smell or roses and pine. The theme was Christmas... My birthday hasn't even passed yet and it’s in late November; a bit early. The white tile was invested with tons of people squirming through each other. A huge Christmas tree in the center of the lobby with lights and bells all over it. Manuel got our key then guided me to the suite we were staying in. We were on the 2nd floor, room 702.

   He opened the door for me and the lights automatically turn on. I walked in with a smile on my face. The couches were a light salmon color, a dark brown wooded coffee table in the center, and long white curtains hung from the ceiling to the ground. I turn left to find the kitchen. A high set table with bowls of fruit made of the same wood as the coffee table; the cabinets as well. And a large silver refrigerator. I'm now hungry. Manuel walks in from behind me, "So what do you think?"

I run up to the curtains and slide them wide open. The entire wall was glass giving me a view of nearly half the city. The sky was grey and dark; which forced all the city lights to gleam across my iris'. "I think its amazing."

"haha I'm glad you like it." Says Manuel.

"You didn't have to pay for a hotel like this..." I turn to him. He comes up to and says, "I wanted to;  so what do you want to do? We can do anything you want." That puts a smile on my face. I rush to the bed room after grabbing my duffle bag. I take off my top and jeans to change into something more... In style. I put on some red jeans and a white blouse. I pull out my cross necklace out my top; it matched perfectly with my black boots and black leather jacket. "Rose... Do you mind if I ask what you’re doing?"