Chapter 2: Relief and Fright

I read the one from Mai, "I'm coming over in a bit... I need to show you something." All I reply is 'okay.' I read the text message from the Unknown number. "Rose?" I don't recall who it is so I scroll up to the messages.

'Unknown Number': Hi, It's Niall. I forgot I had your number. (He text me!?)

Me(Mai): Ohh, right... I completely forgot about you.

'Unknown Number': Oh, well are you still coming to the party tomorrow night? I wanted to show you something.

Me(Mai): Mhnm... Maybe, but if I do I'm bringing a friend. It would be kind of a drag if it was just me and you.

'Unknown Number': Okay? Are you all right? You seem a bit different since last night.

Me(Mai): No I'm perfectly fine but ooh yeah... last night was sort of a mistake.\

'Unknown Number': Ohh... I understand. Goodbye.

Niall?! How did I completely forget I had his number... Should I text him back? Duhh! I think to myself. I don't know what to say.. I save his number. :)Niall: Yes. Is all I write back to him. Is he trying to tell me something? I wonder what it is....

::Harrys' Pov::

After planting a kiss on Nialls cheek I ask, "Where's Liam?"

"He stayed at Danielle's I guess." Zayn assumes.

"Whoa really? I bet someone got an early Christmas present..." I say with a chuckle at the end. Niall breaks out his laugh that I oh so love. I hop over the couch and land on the cushions to the right of Niall with his phone in my left hand. After sinking into the couch Zayn walks into the bathroom then Louis goes back to his room with a pile of crumbs in his hands. I turn to Niall; he's just staring at the ground with doubt written all over his face. I open my mouth to ask him whats wrong but his phone's vibration beats me to it. "New Text Message: Rose(:" Wow, he put the smile face and everything. I say in my mind with my eye brows raised. She probably thinks Niall was the one that texted her.

Niall(Me) :It's Harry. I just wanted to ask how you were doing(:

Rose(: :I've been doing good; yet not my best... And you?

Niall(Me) :Same actually thanks for asking.

Rose(: :You're very welcome. How's Niall doing?

I turn to Niall and notice he's not beside me. Did I really not notice he left?

Niall(Me) :Uhmm.. he's doing well. I'm sure he'd be a lot better if you were here with him though. It's very obvious that he misses you; so do I. I mean, those few moments we talked to each other I realized that you're a very nice person, you have a great personality and you're beautiful. I would love to keep you in my life.

I know I sound like I'm quote-and-quote crushing but it's true. Niall found a great person... It's just sad to see him hurt like he is because of the tour. I turn my head to Nialls room as a shadow flashes by. The phone vibrates again.

Rose(: :Haha awh thank you(: I missed you too! I'm happy to have you in my life too, as well for the rest of the guys; you're all amazing. Truly.

The color red rushes to my cheeks.

Rose(: :Tell Niall I miss him too. Please.

The red vanishes.

Niall(Me) :Of course.

Zayn comes out of the bathroom with nothing but a towel on, his hair drenched and a toothbrush shoved in his mouth. He looks at me; pulls the toothbrush from his mouth and says, "Isn't that Nialls phone?"

I look down at my hand, "Ohh, yeah it is."

"Why do you have it?" He asks while adjusting to towel around him.

Why does it matter? "No reason, just wanted Rose's number so I can talk to her."

He gives me a suspicious look, nods his head and says, "Ohhhh." In a playful tone as he stuffs the toothbrush back into his mouth and walks away. I honestly don't know why I didn't tell him that I was already texting Rose... Reflects? I turn to the kitchen table seeing my phone in front of where Louis was sitting. I stand up with a stretch of my arms and walk over to my phone. I press a random button; tap in my password and set Rose's number into my phonebook. Niall comes out of his room while brushing his fingers through his golden hair. "Have you seen my phone?" He questions.

"Uhhm, Yeah. Here you go." I say tossing him his phone.

He catches it with his left hand, "Thank you." He turns back towards his room noticing something, "Hey were you..."

I lick my lips as he hesitates. ''...were you texting Rose?"

"Yes," I glance at the floor. "Just to say hi and stuff."

"And stuff?" Nialls asks as a rhetorical question.

I answer him anyway. "Uhh huh." I try to put a smile on my face.

He chuckles a bit, "Ri---ght." he extends the ' I ' sound. I just nod as walks back into his room closing the door behind him.

- :: Nialls Pov :: -

I slap on my bed grabbing the remote before hitting the comforter and turn the TV on right in front of the bed. I sit up tucking the back of my hand under my ear as my elbow holds me up. Another talk show is on. "And tonight's guest stars... One Direction!" I throw the remote at the TV out of frustration. I strongly dislike the fact that it's all about us right now. We did 4 interviews last night and 3 more are due today. I just want to rest... without hearing anything about my career. Instead I skim through the messages between Rose and Harry. I notice that Rose wanted to let me know that she misses me... I miss her so much. I've been so busy this past week and haven't even had the chance to tell her hello through the phone. I immediately press the call button and squeeze the phone against my right ear.

"Hello. Niall?" The happy tone of her voice causes the corner of my lips to lift.

"Yeah it's me. I missed you so very much and I was busy all week... Though you were running in my thoughts the entire time."

She giggles then squeaks, "Really? I'm so glad to hear from you again! I missed you too." I hear a slight sniffle.

"Are you crying babe?" I ask with worry.

"haha yes, but its a happy cry. It's just because I thought I'd never hear from you again... I'm just so happy." She adds the sweetest and softest laugh at the end of that sentence. I couldn't bare to hold it in any longer... I let the strongest simple words slip through my teeth, "I love you Rose."

There's a long pause.. "I love you too."

I notice my teeth are showing. "Niall?" she says as a question.

"Yes, love?"

"I have to go. I'll talk to you later, Bye." Her voice was a mixture of relief and fright at the same time. There was nothing but a deep ring sound. She hung up...

__________________________________________________

Sorry, I know my chapters have been short and a bit boring.. But please tell me what you think. The next chapter will be better I promise!!

~(comment&vote)~