Chapter 6: I'm in Love with you

I fell back to sleep right after Manuel came in. Before I know it, I'm awake; but I'm too afraid to open my eyes. I'm afraid that I'll wake up drowning again, so I take a deep breath. I'm alright. I open my eyes. I'm under the covers curled up in a ball wearing the same thing as yesterday; I notice a hand around me. I lift up the blanket finding Manuel's arms wrapped around me and his legs bent over beneath mine. I look up at his eyes still closed. I can’t remember anything last night except Manuel putting me up to bed... Did he do anything to me? My heart began to thump faster. I slip from under the covers and walk away from the bed. I grab my phone from the floor and reach out for the door knob. "Where are you going?" I flinch from his voice creeping behind me.

"Just going out for some air." I open the door. He steps in front of me. He's also wearing the same thing as yesterday but his beanie is off. "Want me to come with? I mean I know the area a bit more than you do."

"I'd rather go alone, thanks." I try stepping away from his as fast as possible.

 "Rose wait! Did I do something wrong?" He grabs onto my shoulder.

I pull away from his grip. "I don't know, did you?" I snap at him.

"What?! Rose what do you think I did to you? I didn't do anything. We were out dancing and then I took to a bar for a couple of drinks.... You probably had too much." His face is turning red but he doesn't sound angry. 

"Yeah sure." I step out the door but he catches it with his foot. He stares into my deep brown eyes. "Rose I would never do anything to hurt you. Why don't you believe me?"

"Because... I just can't!" I slam the door in his face. A tear falls from the corner of my left eye. Why the hell am I crying? I can't find any answers. I don't know what happened last night and I bet Manuel tried doing something with me last night. I mean we were sleeping in the same bed for Christ sake! I walk away from the door as quickly as I can wiping more tears from my face looking down at the floor. *Thump*  "Watch it!" I shout to the blonde in front of me.

"Rose?" 

I could tell whose Irish accent that was from anywhere, "Niall..." I was gazing into the blue eyed boy I fell in love with less than two weeks ago. His face had the most surprised and happy expression I've ever seen. I then feel his arms wrap tightly around my waist. He lifts me up; I couldn't help but hug him back. We hugged for at least an entire 3 minutes before he set me down and planted the softest and sweetest kiss on my lips. Butterflies flew all around in my stomach. He pulls away with the biggest smile, "I can’t believe I'm standing here next to you." 

"Neither can I." My back teeth are showing. Niall he was right here; in my arms. 

"Wait; I saw you. At the bar last night," His smile fades. "With some other guy, who was that?"

Oh no. This is exactly what I was trying to avoid. Niall getting upset about me with someone else. "He's an old friend; he brought me here to... to--" 

"To what?" He pulls his arms away from me.

I didn't want to tell him about Manuel trying to give me a make up present. He would just think we're trying to be together. That’s what Manuel thinks. "To give me a birthday present. I mean bringing me here is the birthday present."

"Well tell him I'll take over. He can go home now."

"Niall." I say in a shocked tone.

"What? You're my girlfriend. Not his."

I look at the ground at back at him, "He doesn't exactly know that. He has feelings for me."

"What? So you were cheating on me?!"