Chapter 17: Together ~ Part 3 {Loki and Annabelle Split POV}

Annabelle's POV:

     "Ah, so nice to see the family together, this is truly a sight to see."

     "I would much appreciate it if you would just let my family and I go back to Asgard in peace." My mother spoke aloud as she turned and took my free hand in hers; my other holding tightly to Steve's.

     "I'm afraid that won't be possible, my beautiful girl..." Laufey stopped mid-sentence and began making his way towards where Tony, Loki, Steve, Makall, Hulk, and I stood. He stopped before me and looked from Loki to Makall. My stomach was literally summersaulting and I felt uneasy.

     "You know, my darling Makall, I remember when you were so stubborn and young when I first met you, back in your own realm. When my son came to your rescue... I had thought I liked you then; but that was before I now truly noticed your daughter..." Steve's hold on my hand tightened as Laufey's chilled fingers made contact with my chin, closing the vast space between where he he stood and me in the blink of an eye. The chilling shiver that shot through my body must have been bluntly obvious because Steve ended up pulling me away quickly from Laufey.

     This little stunt caused Laufey to round his shoulders and watch as Hulk and Loki moved towards him, Tony floating in place as I took shelter in my mother's arms. "What are you implying?" My father stood tall as he looked up to his very own father. Laufey's pupils were dilated when I caught his gaze.

     "Your daughter is your way of paying your debt to me." My mother held me tighter than she previously had and I felt the tension in the room rise. Loki's voice fell low and his voice almost sounded like a growl

     "You will not have my daughter. You already have taken my only son, Odin forbid you take her as well."

     "Such a shame," Laufey didn't seem hurt by the refusal given by my father but he did seem angered. That was a terrifying thing to see, "I thought we could have worked something out. I would of course allow you to see your daughter every so often." A smirk formed on his lips and instantly, Loki's armor manifested onto his body; staff in hand.

     "I do not wish to fight you, my son. We have no quarrel with you." Loki bit his lip and I pulled away once I felt my mother place her hand on her sword at her side.

     "An ant has no quarrel with a boot." Loki retorted.

     Makall pulled me back as Laufey instantly swung his staff into Loki's. The loud clash of metal against metal was deafening. Steve instantly rushed towards me as many Frost Giants manifested around us in the throne room.

     Here we go again.

     Steve took my cheeks into his warm hand and caressed them with his gloved thumbs. I came close and kissed his lips softly. "Whatever happens..." He whispered as I looked around frantically. I could feel something bad about to occur. "... whatever happens I'll be with you as you will with me. I love you." I looked into his eyes before drawing my sword; pulling away from Steve and looking around at the many Frost Giants charging for us. I had no time to reply.

     The sword in my hand felt so odd since it had been many years before now since I had last handled one. But swiftly, with one smooth swing, I brought it into the belly of a charging Frost Giant; bring the blue creature to its knees. Laufey, I noticed, had backed away to observe the fighting.

     I looked to find Hulk smashing through a hoard of Frost Giants; their shouts and groans echoing against the thick ice above and around us.

     "Bastard." I said aloud more so to myself as I made my way through multiple Frost Giants. Steve dealt with the ones coming from the entrance and Hulk doing well... smashing.

     Quickly I met back to back with my mother as we were encircled by loud, large, hideous blue Frost Giants. "Annabelle, the necklace." She whispered softly so only I could hear. I was shaking badly as my free hand reached up to grab the searing stone that hung around the column of my throat.

     "What about it?" Why was she mentioning it now? It didn't do anything...

     Wait! It had! It had brought the welting rose back to life and it was some sort of magic. Magic within' the stone.

     "Use it! It's your gift!" My mother shouted as she swung her sword into the belly of one of the Frost Giants. I gripped the necklace's stone tightly. I prayed, wished, and begged silently for something to happen that would get us out of this. We needed a miracle right about now.

      Slowly the Frost Giants circled around us and I heard the shrill scream of them in the distance; most likely it was the Hulk or Tony going after them. But my mind wandered to Steve. Where was he? Had he been hurt or was he still fighting?

     "Annabelle, now!" Makall shouted as a Frost Giant took a swing at her. I screamed as the pain from the heat that radiated from the stone burnt my hand. I pushed my hands outwards and within' seconds, a large flash of light went through the room, sending Frost Giants flying out and into the air, disintegrating instantly.

I closed my eyes, falling to my knees once it ended. I felt so weak now. All that stood in the vast throne room was my Steve, Hulk, Loki, Makall, and Tony at my side. Laufey sat at his throne; not moving an inch. He just simply sat there watching us, but me in particular.

     Loki and Steve rushed to my side to help me up but instantly were shot back by too beams of light. The loud thud of their backs hitting the ground far behind me was deafening.

    "Not today, my dear son." Laufey was already before me, tugging me up by my arms. I felt wobbly on my legs; as if they were made of butter. They buckled and I collapsed under my own weight to Laufey's feet.

    "Annabelle!" I heard my parents shout. My mother began running for me but was stopped and thrown back by Laufey's staff. Many Frost Giants manifested in the room again, taking everyone by surprise and taking that chance to hold them down.

     All except for me.

    "It ends here." Laufey stated aloud. I lay against the cool ice of the floor as I felt the tip of his foot press against my back. Before I knew it a stinging pain shot through my body as I was kicked in my midback, sending my body tumbling forward.

"No! Please! Stop this madness!" Loki called. His tone was that of a pained father; a scared father.

     "Not this time, my son. Not this time."

     "Please!" I heard my mother's cry but before I knew it, a sharp pain went through my body as he picked me up roughly by the arms.

     "Look at me child." Laufey ordered. My eyes were too heavy to open. Laufey repeated himself again and I just was there, in Laufey's tight grip before I was thrown against the ground hard.

     All the feeling in my body was gone. Nothing was there anymore. I heard faint screams but I couldn't make out what had just happened...

     Death had no pain. No... it was just a dark place in which I was now falling into.

*****

Loki's POV:

     She was gone. Her blood spilt from her lips and her eyes were shut. No movement came from her. "Annabelle!" I shouted as I fell to my knees, watching my daughter dead right before me... I couldn't bare the sight. My daughter and son gone from me... Makall screamed from where she lay on the iced floor and I wept heavily until all was silent...

*****

     Screaming, I woke up, bolting up from under the covers as I sat up in my bed.

     I was back in Asgard....

     How? Makall instantly bolted up right after I did, screaming until I took her into my arms. "My love, shh... shh... its ok..."

     "Annabelle, she's, she's..." Makall wept heavily until the door opened slightly and in walked two figures, coming in and but stopping at the foot of our bed. There before us sat a 16 year old Jonathan and a 18 year old Annabelle... both healthy and alive with concerned looks... my god...

     It was all a dream...