Chapter 16: Together ~ Part 2 {Loki's POV}

"C'mon Hulk!" Tony shouted as we all watched Bruce slam his body into the solid wall of ice leading into Laufey's palace. We were going to get Annabelle and I had other plans for Laufey after we did.

     I looked to Thor, who seemed impatient while Bruce threw himself into the wall over and over again. "Brother, are you alright?" I walked to him as Tony began to shoot heat rays onto the ice to attempt to make it weak.

     "I am fine; do not worry for my own well-being. I only am here to assist the return of your daughter." He looked to me and I noticed he tensed, Thor's hand gripping his Mjolnir tightly.

     "Thank you, Thor... For all you have done for my family for so long now."

     Thor smiled and patted Loki's shoulder. "I have always loved you as my brother, Loki. As my greatest ally." I chuckled this and nodded.

     "Finally!" Tony shouted from behind us and everyone turned to see the ice beginning to crack. I grabbed my scepter from the snow beneath our feet and walked towards the group with Thor at my side. Bruce, in his Hulk form, rammed down the blockade and charged inside. I waited until they all entered and cleared a path so I could reach the Throne Room where Laufey was most likely at.

     I entered the massive hall where Frost Giants charged toward our group. Hulk attacked and killed maybe 50 while the rest of us managed to push forward. I noticed two heads bobbing along the sea of Frost Giants and my heart sped up once I realized it was Makall and Annabelle running up the stairs.

     I can't lose them again. I'll die before they do if it must come to that.

     A loud thud came from my left and I saw Thor swinging his Mjolnir into a group of Frost Giants. Should I bring him and Tony with me for protection in the Throne Room? I concluded that would be so. Bruce, Natasha, and Barton could handle the first level.

     "Tony, Thor, we need to go to the Throne Room. Natasha and Barton, stay with Bruce!" I shouted over the loud, ear piercing chaos. Thor nodded, pointing towards the stairs of ice that led up to the next level of the palace. I nodded and he looked to Tony, who hovered above us all, all the while dodging the chunks of ice that came from the Giants.

     Laufey had a savage army.

     I took the scepter in hand and began to shoot beams of light through the opposing forces before us, clearing a path to the stairway. I stabbed a Frost Giant through the chest before running up the stairs with Tony and Thor, taking a breath once we had reached the top. There were many doors that led down the wide hall. I looked to my side where Tony now stood and Thor by his side.

     "Where do you think they are?" Tony began walking down the hall and I heard Annabelle's voice.

     "There! That door!" Thor proclaimed, but I grabbed the corner of his shoulder plate, stopping him suddenly.

     "No," I looked to both men, "I do believe Laufey would want you to think it's that door, no?" Both men gave sideways glances to one another before looking back to me and nodding. "It's the very last room."

     "And how would you know that?" Tony gave a doubtful look. It reminded me of the look Makall had given me when I told her that her sickness would not worsen... the memory sent a painful stab of hate for Laufey through me. He was no longer the father I once wanted to be like... no... he was the example of what I did not want to be. I would never become who Laufey was, which was exactly why I needed to kill him; for good. Quickly we made our way down the hall, the walls of thick ice setting a soft blue glow around us. It gave a bit of an eerie feeling.

     Maybe it was to foreshadow what was to happen.

     As we walked, Tony looked around us, his head turning and observing the walls, "I need a hall like this in the towers." He spoke aloud more so to himself. I shook my head at the thought.

     "It's locked!" Thor shouted aloud in frustration once we reached the door. He attempted to open the door but it wouldn't budge. I shook my head at this; of course it was locked. He knew we would be coming. I looked at the door, running my bare hand along the smooth yet cold surface.

     "It's thin. If you were to break it down, Thor, it would fall like stardust." Thor smiled at this statement, Tony giving us an odd look as Thor swung his weapon into the heart of the thin ice door.

     As I had said it would, the door collapsed onto the ground, reduced to ice shards. I breathed deeply as we cautiously entered the grand hall. It was almost as large as Asgard's Throne Room. I gripped my scepter tightly in my right hand, feeling a slight pain from doing so as I was first to make it down the aisle. Midway I stopped in my tracks. There they were; my daughter and my wife. My whole entire life standing before me in two forms.

     "Dear Odin..." I whispered. Makall's back stiffened instantly when I finished, as if she had heard my words. I heard the throne room doors opening again and the Captain ran into the room, skidding to a halt beside myself, Thor, and Tony. He looked to us and gave a reassuring smile before I smiled gratefully in return, looking back to where Makall and Annabelle stood.

     "Makall! Annabelle!" I shouted from where the four of us stood in the middle of the throne room. Both turned instantly and Makall's eyes went wide, as did my own.

      "Dad!" Shouted Annabelle.

     "Loki!"

     Both the girls ran up to us. Annabelle ran into Steve's awaiting arms. He held her tightly, twirling her around, but once Makall came closer, I turned and she ran into my own arms.

     I could die happy in her arms no matter what.

     I caught the love of my life in my arms as she cried out softly, only loud enough for me to hear. "Loki, Loki... I've missed you so much!" She whispered as I held her tightly to me, falling to my knees with her.

     "Odin knows, I've been half a god without you. I thought you were dead..." My voice broke as I pulled back just far enough to look into those deep green-brown pools of life. Her pupils were dilated as she looked to me with the most love.

     "You belong with me, nobody else. You are mine, my love, my goddess, my queen, my life." I whispered to her as I kissed her lips softly, almost as if she'd break apart and fade into thin air.

     "I know... I..." Makall was cut off by a booming voice from the front of the Throne Room.

     "Ah, so nice to see the family together, this is truly a sight to see."

     I looked up to see him standing there at the throne, as if he was perfectly normal. I'd wipe that mocking smirk off his face with scepter. 

     Laufey stood with a smirk on his face.