Chapter 8: {Loki's POV}

Asgard was so quiet now. Annabelle was in another realm because of my idiotic actions at a time when I was most vulnerable. Now I was alone except for the never ending presence of Thor and Lady Jane, both whom one can only stand to be around for oh so long.

I stood in the garden now however, which had recently become a familiar place to find me among the cherry blossoms and their soft glow in the evening hours, thinking over the last few weeks now. Annabelle had been on Midgard for two weeks and I was considering bringing her home. But I felt as if I was losing myself lately. As if I was falling into the depths of darkness again. I could feel it, and I could feel Laufey had something to do with it.

"No, he can't have anything to do with it. The Avengers made sure he would stay on Jotunheim." I spoke aloud into the warm afternoon air to try and reassure myself. I just had that itchy feeling that something bad was to happen but I just didn't know what.

"You have every right to feel such, my son."  A deep voice spoke calmly behind me in response to my thoughts. I turned instantly and there stood Laufey, a good head taller than I. He wore what he, a Frost Giant King, would wear but he had a cape over his shoulders as if someone truly important.

"Laufey!" I growled as he placed his hands behind his back. "What do you want?" I was tempted to call for Odin or Thor but didn't feel that Laufey was much of a threat right now.

"What do I want, my son?" His frosty blue head tilted to the side curiously. At this I felt a bit threatened. "I told you once; I would take what you most love, that I would be sure to satisfy my thirst for revenge."

Annabelle instantly had come to mind at this since I knew my Makall and Jonathan were not alive anymore, physically. Jonathan... "You..." I growled low as my armor began to manifest upon my body, staff in hand now. "You killed my son. My only son!" My eyes were warm, tears rimming them as I stepped closer on the smooth cobble stoned surface.

"A shame the heir to the throne had to die unknowingly at the hands of his father's actions." Laufey moved slightly to his left, speaking calmly and shaking his head in shame. "It only saddens me more to know that your daughter must pay the same fate."

My eyes widened and suddenly I lunged forward with my staff pointed towards him. Where he should have been hit disappeared with the rest of him quickly. "Don't you dare touch Annabelle!" I growled again as I turned quickly to find him looking up to the cherry blossoms, standing in between two of the many trees.

"That is such a shame, but it must be done." Laufey began to laugh, a cold and heartless laugh that sent a chill down my spine, the ground vibrating and the trees swaying. Suddenly Thor appeared with a dozen guards to the garden walls, his eyes blazing with hate as he ran to my side.

"What do you want Laufey?" Thor's deep voice boomed around us as the guards slowly moved forward.

"You amuse me, puny demi-god. You shall all see. When I have your daughter's lifeless body in my arms back in Jotunheim and her blood spilt on that very soil, I will have finally gained my revenge." His thin blue lips grinned to me and I felt my anger boil over, Thor tensing at my side.

"You'll have to get by us, for you don't even know of her whereabouts." Thor countered.

"I wouldn't be so sure." Laufey laughed aloud again and placed his hand upon a low hanging branch of one of the cherry blossoms, instantly causing the rest of the trees in the garden to freeze over.

"May your actions have mercy on your daughter's soul." With a flash of light and a blast of cold wind, Laufey was gone. I could only look over the frozen trees around us. Thor began to command the guards to inform Odin of the occurrence and to put everyone on high guard. But for me, I felt a gaping hole in my heart.

My daughters life was at stake, in the hands of The Avengers for now. I grabbed Thor by his shoulder armor as he began to leave the garden.

"Loki? What is it?" Thor dumbfoundly asked.

"I must go to Midgard, Thor, for Annabelle's sake. You must come with me."

Thor looked at me questionably. "I wouldn't say that is the wisest choice my dear broth-"

I interrupted him mid-sentence, "If they kill Annabelle, they may as well kill me alongside her for I will have nothing else to live for."

Thor was stricken by my sudden statement and he clenched his fists at his side, chewing his inner lip as he looked around the garden at the frozen trees.

"Fine,¦ for Annabelle, Jonathan, and Makall... we'll leave upon given permission..." Thor gave me a weary smile before leaving to talk with Odin.

Now I was left alone with my thoughts on this day. Of the realization that I could lose my daughter at the hands of Laufey. I could now only fall to my knees and weep in my losses. My cape cascading around me as I wept into the soft grass, feeling for once helpless and regretting my past more than anything I've ever done wrong.

I was now a broken god.

I was a lost father trying to save his daughter.