Chapter 15: Together ~ Part 1 {Annabelle's POV}

'Where could I go, if the world had no limits?' I thought to myself quietly in my mind as I lay in the cell I had been detained in. Laufey hadn't listened to me at all. He had just taken me from a place I had just begun to call home. A place where I had been safe... but that hadn't mattered. I mean, who would have guessed Laufey would be able to break into Stark Towers.

     I shook my head at the thought.

     All these stupid thoughts.

     There was no way that Loki, my own father who I hadn't seen in months, wouldn't even be able to get me out of this. That I was sure of.

     I sat against the solid wall of ice and shivered slightly doing so. How could everything have changed so much in such little time? The fact that my own mother had passed away only a few months ago, then I was sent away only to lose my brother that same day... then to fall in love and then to be reunited and yet abducted...

     "What did I do wrong?!" I screamed loudly into the freezing air, my scream; almost like fog, floating as if a cloud. It faded slowly but it was like the smoke coming from a fireplace, but just thicker. It grew utterly silent and that's when I tried to relax, untense, and hum softly.

    "Annabelle?" I heard a very familiar female voice call my name. My heart stopped as I mentally sorted through who it could have been that called my name. It took some time before they called again, louder, and I felt my heart break.

     "Mom?!" I shouted in an attempt to hold back my emotions. It couldn't be her...

     'Stop playing tricks on yourself. She passed away right before your eyes. Don't set yourself up for hurt.'

     I ignored that odd little voice in my head as I stood to my feet. "Annabelle!" I heard footsteps running down the corridor leading to my cell. When I saw her hurry over I leant against the rails, tears leaving wet paths down my cheeks.

     "Mom!" I cried as she reached my cell, dressed in female asgardian armor, something Sif would wear. "Oh my god..." The tears I'd been holding back for so long now came down my cheeks. She was healthy, and obviously alive.

     "Oh Annabelle." My mother smiled to me, her eyes staring attentively into mine as she unlocked the cell door. Instantly I fell into her arms and there we were, on the floor, my mother holding me closely as I wept.

    "It's ok sweetie. I have you... I got you." She whispered in a broken voice as she kissed my hair.

     I looked up to her and whispered back, "I thought you were dead..."

     "Well... I was..." She shrugged before pulling me in for a tighter hug. "But I never left you baby girl. I never left you."

     We stayed there, clinging to one another in the depths of the chambers under the Frost Giants that lived above. Our breath was visible around us.

     Suddenly from above loud sounds of crashing and banging from above followed by shouts rang from above.

     "What was that?" I sat up instantly as the ground shook. Shouts in both a language I understood and another I did not echoed throughout the halls, causing the ice from above to begin breaking.

     "Annabelle, we need to get out of here." My mother stood and pulled me up to my feet.

     "What's going on?"

     My mother looked up and shook her head, placing her hand on the sword that was at her side. "You remember what Sif and I taught you about fighting right?" My eyes went wide, hearing the loud shouts from above once again.

     "Yeah..."

     My mother pulled the sword from her belt and threw it to me, walking down the hall and picking up another to replace the one she had given me. I followed her out through the large gate leading up to the main hall and once we had reached there, all hell had broken lose. I saw many Frost Giants running around and before I knew it I saw Makall, my mother, swinging her sword into the stomach of one of the Frost Giants. As she did, the Hulk rammed through a thick wall of ice and went through maybe 50 Frost Giants.

     Tony, Steve, and Natasha ran in, Clint shooting an arrow into one of the giants. It exploded and sent a mass of Frost Giants flying.

     "Annabelle this way!" My mother grabbed me by the arm and pulled me along up a flight of stairs to the upper level of the palace.

     Why were they all here? Why was Steve here? Were they here for me?